Plugin Menu (1 Viewer)

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is it possible to change the name of my plugins to somthing else?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Should be possible if you are willing to edit some files manually.
    First a few questions:
    Do you want to change it everywhere, or just on the BasicHome or maybe just on the normal Home menu?
    All skins, or just a specific skin?

You can look in the language file to change it system wide, but some skins BasicHome menu might still have it hardcoded.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for your reply
    I only want to change the name in the basic home and Normal Home menu ,

Chur Adam

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    You did not say which skin.
    Since Plugins is not on the BasicHome of B3(w) I will presume you are using something like StreamedMP or Aeon. If that is the case, you can use the skin-included menu editor to change the "Plugin" text on the BasicHome.

For the normal Home menu, you will have to edit your language file. Example strings_en.xml in the mediaportal\language directory.
    Looks like there are two strings for plugins. Not sure which one is used on the Home menu, but try the 1st one first:
    <String id="913" prefix="My ">Plugins</String>
    <String id="100034" prefix="My ">Plugins</String>

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Guys all sorted now . Never New about the language file :)
    its a custom skin so finding this is very helpful

Chur Sa_ddam213

Users who are viewing this thread