Plugin: MP2Extended (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the webMovieDetailed.Runtime in minutes or seconds?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like I can't implement the following:
    Music playlists:
    GetPlaylists
    CreatePlaylist
    DeletePlaylist
    AddPlaylistItem
    AddPlaylistItems
    ClearAndAddPlaylistItems

MP2 doesn't save any playlists, so the music part needs to be extended for this part.

GetMusicArtistsDetailed
    GetMusicAlbumsBasicForArtist

We don't have any details about Artists and we don't really have Album items. So we need to wait for the MIA rework, to get this done, I think. I could return empty WebSomething, if your App has problems.

Everything else except GetMediaInfo and GetExternalMediaInfo is implemented :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    GetMusicGenres
    GetMusicArtistsDetailed
    GetMusicAlbumsBasicForArtist
    GetMusicAlbumBasicById
    GetMusicTracksBasicForAlbum
    GetMusicTrackBasicById
    I think you forgot one, How do you initially get any info about what is available? For every call you need some other information, except the first one...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    About music. We have three lists in our gui, artist/album/tracks. Its not possible to do anything without the artists/albums. So we first call GetMusicArtistsDetailed to get the artists, then select an artist to get it's albums, then select an album to get the tracks.

I would have guessed that the playlist handling would be different in MP2.

So I suggest that we pause music for now.

How do one navigate music in MP2 without having artists or albums:rolleyes:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do one navigate music in MP2 without having artists or albums
    Haha don't ask me, I use MP2 since two weeks and never listened to music :D
    I try to implement GetMediaInfo and GetExternalMediaInfo now, than I will uploaded a new version and fix the bugs for WifiRemote reported yesterday :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sounds great.

Btw, is the GetArtworkResized in place with all the parameters from MPExt?

Is there an easy way to see what functions you have implemented already in MP2Ext? I can browse at git but that is a bit time consuming...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw, is the GetArtworkResized in place with all the parameters from MPExt?
    I hope so :) As written in an earlier post, I don't know why I don't get FanArt for Episodes, I guess I call the fanart provider wrong :/ But I get Images for Seasons and Series inside AMPdroid.
    To be precise, I described the problem at the bottom of this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-wifiremote-for-mp2.132267/page-5#post-1155261

Is there an easy way to see what functions you have implemented already in MP2Ext? I can browse at git but that is a bit time consuming...

You can see it in this file: https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPor...d/ResourceAccess/MediaAccessServiceHandler.cs
    I will push before releasing the new version so that you get the newest List :) It will also tell you in the logs in case something is missing:
    MAS: Micromodule not found:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Very interesting....
    I discovered the following from a post yesterday
    http://192.168.1.250:53461/MPExtended/MediaAccessService/json/GetServiceDescription
    In my logs the new plugin does not show the real address but using my server IP this command worked.

Problem is, it does not respond with the correct MP2 Server Shares
    I have, MPMovies, MPMusic, and Recordings
    The response from the plugin is

{"ApiVersion":4,"ServiceVersion":"0.4.99.1","AvailableMovieLibraries":[{"Name":"MP MyVideo","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":7}],"AvailableMusicLibraries":[{"Name":"MP MyMusic","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":4}],"AvailablePictureLibraries":[{"Name":"MP Picture Shares","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":8}],"AvailableTvShowLibraries":[{"Name":"MP-TVSeries","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":6}],"AvailableFileSystemLibraries":[{"Name":"MP Movie Shares","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":10},{"Name":"MP Picture Shares","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":11},{"Name":"MP Shares","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":5},{"Name":"MP Music Shares","Version":"0.4.99.1","Id":9}],"DefaultMovieLibrary":0,"DefaultMusicLibrary":4,"DefaultPictureLibrary":0,"DefaultTvShowLibrary":6,"DefaultFileSystemLibrary":5}

Also, when calling the GetMusicGenres I did get Micromodule not found: in the logs.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @breese FreakyJ is reusing lots of code from MPExt so I assume that the getservicedescription message is hard coded right now. I'm not sure what you can test if not being a developer that want to test that the methods here:
    https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPor...d/ResourceAccess/MediaAccessServiceHandler.cs
    give what is needed for the existing clients.

Basically we try to get the same clients that work with MP1 and MPExt to work with MP2Ext and MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom