[Plugin] MPCleaner - Deletes images from your thumbs folder that are no longer in use (1 Viewer)

volumia

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
whereever my feet take me...
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi m3rcury. It seems I am running into something simular as Luca did with MovingPictures, only for me it is with MP-TV Series. I have checked the database and all the refrences are in there, but for some reason MPCleaner just deletes all the episode and season banners on MP startup while fanart is left in tact. Never had this problem before, but it started a week ago and only happens to the TV series. I applied no updates or made any changes before then that coiuld have caused this. I am currently on MediaPortal 1.2.3 with MPCleaner 1.1.0.6 and MP-TVSeries 3.4.0.1994.
Maybe you can give me a hint as to where to start?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury. It seems I am running into something simular as Luca did with MovingPictures, only for me it is with MP-TV Series. I have checked the database and all the refrences are in there, but for some reason MPCleaner just deletes all the episode and season banners on MP startup while fanart is left in tact. Never had this problem before, but it started a week ago and only happens to the TV series. I applied no updates or made any changes before then that coiuld have caused this. I am currently on MediaPortal 1.2.3 with MPCleaner 1.1.0.6 and MP-TVSeries 3.4.0.1994.
    Maybe you can give me a hint as to where to start?

volumia, I noticed same recently and no updates were released for MPCleaner. Will have a look into it soon and release an update asap.

Thanks

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    A new version MPCleaner v1.1.0.7 has been released.

This version fixes the issue reported above by volumia. Issue was related to the latest MP-TVSeries update whereby some data had it value changed and hence this plugin was impacted. As a result, all TVSeries artwork was being deleted.

Regards

Last edited:

piernik

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Hi,

I just saw this plugin - it's very needed, but in my case it's not working good.
    1. It deletes all FullSize backdrops from movingpictures (I don't use Thumbs) :/
    2. It deletes all FullSize covers from movingpictures - I think there should be option to leave them.
    3. Can You make version that is not lounched in MediaPortal but in configuration? Without schedule. If You want to clear images go to plugins and press clean and see progress and so on...

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I just saw this plugin - it's very needed, but in my case it's not working good.
    1. It deletes all FullSize backdrops from movingpictures (I don't use Thumbs) :/
    2. It deletes all FullSize covers from movingpictures - I think there should be option to leave them.

That would explain why each time I've tried the plugin all the pics in moving pictures disappear.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi,

3. Can You make version that is not lounched in MediaPortal but in configuration? Without schedule. If You want to clear images go to plugins and press clean and see progress and so on...
    That would explain why each time I've tried the plugin all the pics in moving pictures disappear.

piernik and whatisk, in the plugin, there is no relationship on Fullsize or Thumb images. These are cleaned independently. The reason why you are loosing the images must be an issue either with naming convention or name is not properly stored in the database. For backdrops and covers, the plugin is using the following SQL to compare against:
    Code:
    SELECT alternatecovers, backdropfullpath FROM movie_info
    Can you confirm that images names are stored correctly in the above table in movingpictures.db3

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom