[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (4 Viewers)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

I really love this plugin. I just set it up and its working very well...

I can't figure out I point:
    I set up to sync a folder including all sub folder... but here, only the files from the sub folder are copied not the file from the actually folder...

MPSync.png

What am I missing?

Thanks in advanced....

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hey guys,

I really love this plugin. I just set it up and its working very well...

I can't figure out I point:
    I set up to sync a folder including all sub folder... but here, only the files from the sub folder are copied not the file from the actually folder...

View attachment 187210

What am I missing?

Thanks in advanced....

@roedler86. You need to select the parent folder, in your case MediaPortal. Then select specific folders and only select scripts. This should work.

I will have a look into the plugin to see whether with your current setup, you can obtain same result as explained above.

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot. That's working. And I need only one folder-synchronization for all my sub folder. Thanks.

But I recognized another strange behavior:
    After starting MediaPortal I can't do anything for a couple of minutes, until the sync job is done. The system doesn't freeze but the CPU is at 100%. Because of this sometime the movie player or records, which are recorded while starting MediaPortal, hang.

Is there any possibility to reduce the CPU load?

Thanks again!

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Thanks a lot. That's working. And I need only one folder-synchronization for all my sub folder. Thanks.

But I recognized another strange behavior:
    After starting MediaPortal I can't do anything for a couple of minutes, until the sync job is done. The system doesn't freeze but the CPU is at 100%. Because of this sometime the movie player or records, which are recorded while starting MediaPortal, hang.

Is there any possibility to reduce the CPU load?

Thanks again!
    @roedler86. You can select the check-box "Pause when player active". It will pause the synchronisation whilst you are watching a movie or playing music. Sometimes it still needs a minute or two to pause, but it works :)

nightwar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I need help with this, It is a new moving pictures data base, and syncing to an empty network path, so its a clean slate, the log file is attached

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I need help with this, It is a new moving pictures data base, and syncing to an empty network path, so its a clean slate, the log file is attached

@nightwar. Can you open file MPSync.xml found in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and change the date in the following line to a date in the past.
    XML:
    <entry name="last sync">2017-04-25 19:29:55</entry>

In the above example set the last sync date to 2017-04-24. Then start the sync process again. If you sync manually, you cal launch the MPSync_Launcher.exe or else if you sync from within MediaPortal, restart MediaPortal.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi since some time I'm having trouble (again) in retaining the watched status for moving pictures, is there anything that I could check at my end?
    My setup is as follows:
    main pc is set up to sync from main pc to main server
    htpc is set up to sync from main server to htpc (using triggers, watched="no")
    If I watch a movie on htpc, after a while (after syncing with server) the watched status is reset again.
    checking the log I see this:
    Code:
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: process plugin version 1.0.0.17 initialisation with DEBUG.
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: DB - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database <-- \\dionysus\LocalShare\MediaPortal\databases
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: DB synchronization method - Propagate both additions and deletions
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: DBs selected - movingpictures.db3|
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: watched/resume not selected
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: Objects selected - ALL
    22/09/2017 11:43:44 - [INFO ] MPSync: [db_worker] synchronization of table user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 started.
    22/09/2017 11:43:44 - [INFO ] MPSync: [Synchronize_DB] synchronization of table user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 in progress...
    22/09/2017 11:43:44 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [DeleteRecords] deleting extra entries on target for table user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3
    22/09/2017 11:43:45 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [Process_DB_folder] waiting for background threads to finish... 1 threads remaining processing {movingpictures.db3}.
    22/09/2017 11:43:47 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [DeleteRecords] DELETE FROM target.user_movie_settings WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM (SELECT * FROM target.user_movie_settings EXCEPT SELECT * FROM user_movie_settings))
    22/09/2017 11:43:47 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [DeleteRecords] 3 records deleted from user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3
    [/CODE[

so somehow it does synchronize the user_movie_settings despite the watched="no"

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi since some time I'm having trouble (again) in retaining the watched status for moving pictures, is there anything that I could check at my end?
    My setup is as follows:
    main pc is set up to sync from main pc to main server
    htpc is set up to sync from main server to htpc (using triggers, watched="no")
    If I watch a movie on htpc, after a while (after syncing with server) the watched status is reset again.
    checking the log I see this:
    Code:
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: process plugin version 1.0.0.17 initialisation with DEBUG.
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: DB - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database <-- \\dionysus\LocalShare\MediaPortal\databases
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: DB synchronization method - Propagate both additions and deletions
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: DBs selected - movingpictures.db3|
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: watched/resume not selected
    22/09/2017 11:42:53 - [INFO ] MPSync: Objects selected - ALL
    22/09/2017 11:43:44 - [INFO ] MPSync: [db_worker] synchronization of table user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 started.
    22/09/2017 11:43:44 - [INFO ] MPSync: [Synchronize_DB] synchronization of table user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 in progress...
    22/09/2017 11:43:44 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [DeleteRecords] deleting extra entries on target for table user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3
    22/09/2017 11:43:45 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [Process_DB_folder] waiting for background threads to finish... 1 threads remaining processing {movingpictures.db3}.
    22/09/2017 11:43:47 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [DeleteRecords] DELETE FROM target.user_movie_settings WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM (SELECT * FROM target.user_movie_settings EXCEPT SELECT * FROM user_movie_settings))
    22/09/2017 11:43:47 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [DeleteRecords] 3 records deleted from user_movie_settings in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3
    [/CODE[

so somehow it does synchronize the user_movie_settings despite the watched="no"

@doskabouter. Apologies for not replying before but was quite tied with other work.

The plugin will still synchronise the episode/movie seen value through the table sync. and not the watched status function. The watched status function is there to provide possibility to go on another client and continue playing from the same position you stopped on the previous client. Also keep in mind that the episode/movie seen value is also synchronised by the Trakt plugin.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your time!
    So do I understand it correctly that it's not possible to keep the watched status?
    Mind you, I don't use trakt for this

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Thanks for your time!
    So do I understand it correctly that it's not possible to keep the watched status?
    Mind you, I don't use trakt for this

@doskabouter. A change can be implemented to split current flag into 2, namely resume sync and status sync. Resume sync will do what the flag is doing today, whilst the new status sync will handle your request.

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom