Plugin: RefreshRateChanger (3 Viewers)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx any comment on that?
    As this code is triggered by the DeviceSceneEnd event, i would expect that an surface is actually available. Is GetRenderTarget(0) returning null sometimes expected behaviour? Or is this a bug in MP2? Or is there a logic error in my code?
    What is the way forward on this issue?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I forgot about the question...

While it is ok for the VideoPlayer to return a "null" Surface, it shouldn't be the case for the DX device. As the render target is associated with the swap chain, it shouldn't ever be null. Only while recreation of device it could be not initialized... But I'm not sure about this

So I'd recommend to use: "Surface surface = player.Surface ?? GraphicsDevice.Backbuffer; if (surface == null) return;"

Btw, did you have time to check the new DX11 branch already? There will be changes required, as the known DX9 device will no longer be used and the Surface will change to a Bitmap1 (Direct2D) or an underlying Texture2D (Direct3D11).

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Btw, did you have time to check the new DX11 branch already? There will be changes required, as the known DX9 device will no longer be used and the Surface will change to a Bitmap1 (Direct2D) or an underlying Texture2D (Direct3D11).
    I agree with this, using your current AtmoLight MP2 plugin with DX11 build causes MP2 to lag as hell. Just my 2 cents :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I agree with this, using your current AtmoLight MP2 plugin with DX11 build causes MP2 to lag as hell. Just my 2 cents :)
    Does it still work at all? I mean there is nothing rendered by the DX9 device where the sample is grabbed from?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I forgot about the question...
    No problem ;).

So I'd recommend to use: "Surface surface = player.Surface ?? GraphicsDevice.Backbuffer; if (surface == null) return;"
    So using GraphicsDevice.Backbuffer instead of GetRenderTarget()? Gonna implement it and test it. If all goes fine i will release a new version with this.

I did some tests, but failed miserably. You indicated 2 possibilies one with a Bitmap1 and one using an ImageBrush to resize the frame. I want and need to resize the frame so i tried my hand on the ImageBrush. I had some code together but failed to tell the Brush what the image source should be. I tried the next day again and then gave up for the time being.

I agree with this, using your current AtmoLight MP2 plugin with DX11 build causes MP2 to lag as hell. Just my 2 cents
    Well its pretty much just spamming your logs with errors :p.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Zitat von morpheus_xx: ↑
    I did some tests, but failed miserably. You indicated 2 possibilies one with a Bitmap1 and one using an ImageBrush to resize the frame. I want and need to resize the frame so i tried my hand on the ImageBrush. I had some code together but failed to tell the Brush what the image source should be. I tried the next day again and then gave up for the time being.
    I can support you, but we should continue in DX11 thread

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @morpheus_xx Im currently testing my Pipo x7 and I encouter RRC problem with the Intel Z3736F in MP2. RRC in MP1, MPC-HC and KODI works flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom