plugin to show HDD space left(in hours?) (2 Viewers)

SnipesXxX

Portal Member
February 26, 2006
Is there a plugin or a way to set MP to show HDD space left in hours or not?

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit
    myStatus plugin will show you the free space (GB or MB) you have on your hdd.

How much this is in hours is not implemented, yet.

Regards
    Ralph

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure there is interest for that!
    Do you need a disctraction from skinning? :wink:
    Of course that would be very helpful.
    It could be done as an aditional entry for myStatus plugin and/or as Overlay for your new upcoming skin nonafo.

This kind of Plugin already exists years ago for myHTPC and now it would be nice having this information even with MediaPortal.
    Then I won't have to convert by myself anymore.

So, I'm definitely interested!

Regards
    Ralph

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As I previously voiced.....I would love to see this!!

It would be nice to have it as a plug-in to overlay the information on perhaps either the "Scheduled" screen, or the "Recorded TV" screen.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Maybe it would be best to simply expose the information as a tag, like time and date and channel and the like. This way it can be easily placed into a skin just by referencing the tag and can be implemented as the skin designer wants.

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    at a closer look it seems to be a very hard task as there may be recordings with variable bitrates. so calculating might be very hard as it can switch from hdtv (f.e. sports) to sdtv (f.e. commercials) in one recording... :(

i'll have some more thoughts about it, but if anyone comes up with a good solution please tell :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
    Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
    Replies
    Views
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    I also have never used a set-top box with MP, but I think that you need to use an IR emitter (aka "IR blaster"). The IRSS software controls the emitter, and transmits IR signals under the direction of MP. The IR signal is received by the IR receiver within the set-top box, and so can be used to change channel and so on. The set-top...
    I also have never used a set-top box with MP, but I think that you need to use an IR emitter (aka "IR blaster"). The IRSS software...
    My computer is running Windows 10 Pro. I have installed MP2. Not sure what version. I have a Hauppauge WinTV 1850 TV card...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.34 STB blasting for IPTV DE
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution. I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom