[Plugin] X10 Home Automation (2 Viewers)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Let me rebuild a new package tonight and post that back here for you to try. I am thinking there may be a port problem...

harquin

Portal Member
    March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    WilieECoyote,
    any news from the new package. I am expecting it with a lot oh hope.
    thanks again for all the hard work here
    Olivier

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    WilieECoyote,
    any news from the new package. I am expecting it with a lot oh hope.
    thanks again for all the hard work here
    Olivier

Hey Harquin,
    I have not forgot about you, just have been extremely busy getting a stable system after a change I made earlier this week :( Got to keep the WAF up :)

I will get a new version posted tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

harquin

Portal Member
    March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Dear WileEcoyote
    Any news on the update .
    I am still strugling with the plug in and I was hoping some helpe from your side
    Sorry to bother you...
    Olivier

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Dear WileEcoyote
    Any news on the update .
    I am still strugling with the plug in and I was hoping some helpe from your side
    Sorry to bother you...
    Olivier

Hey Harquin,
    I am sooo sorry for the long delay in getting a new build out. Work has kept me extremely busy and I have been trying to get some things straight here at home with MP. I was playing around with Windows 7, but was struggling with some non-MP releated issues, so reverted back to Vista last weekend...

I will be out of town this weekend, but will get back on the project next week. I have added in support for lights on/off when a movie starts and a few other things, so the next release should be worth the wait (I hope :) )

I appreciate eveyones patience and understanding...

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Okay guys, I think Im back on track. I have been hard at work with a few huge projects, and I have also been working with NetFlix in getting my "My NetFlix" plugin approved for the NetFlix App Gallery. Now most of that is behind me, and I am ready to move forward with this plugin.

So... Where were we? Did anyone actually get the plugin installed and working?

I did a re-install of my server a few weeks ago, and found something very interesting. When you install the ActiveHome Pro software (with NO plugins), it installs a service called "X10 Device Network Service." After I started installing the additional plugins (Smart Macros, Security, etc..), one of them seemed to remove that service. If that service is not installed and running it will not allow the X10 Home Automation service to start. So I ended up un-installing the ActiveHome Pro software completely, and only installing the Base package with no plugins.

Anyway, I know some of you folks purchased hardware/software specifically for this plugin so I want to appologize for the delay, but Im ready to move forward. I will be working to get another test release out this weekend.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Okay guys, I think Im back on track. I have been hard at work with a few huge projects, and I have also been working with NetFlix in getting my "My NetFlix" plugin approved for the NetFlix App Gallery. Now most of that is behind me, and I am ready to move forward with this plugin.

So... Where were we? Did anyone actually get the plugin installed and working?

I did a re-install of my server a few weeks ago, and found something very interesting. When you install the ActiveHome Pro software (with NO plugins), it installs a service called "X10 Device Network Service." After I started installing the additional plugins (Smart Macros, Security, etc..), one of them seemed to remove that service. If that service is not installed and running it will not allow the X10 Home Automation service to start. So I ended up un-installing the ActiveHome Pro software completely, and only installing the Base package with no plugins.

Anyway, I know some of you folks purchased hardware/software specifically for this plugin so I want to appologize for the delay, but Im ready to move forward. I will be working to get another test release out this weekend.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Thanks for the update! I have also been *crazy* busy at work, so I understand timeslicing yourself between projects!
    I have received my hardware and it works perfectly. I have installed the basic AHP software and see the X10 service has been started automatically. My Room is setup and my test timers have worked perfectly. Looks like we're ready to go!

I have installed the plugin, but I'm not abel to get it to do anything as of yet. I do have to flip skins (I use B&W 1080p) but I can't see anything in the Blue3Wide skin for X10.

Looking forward to helping you master this, BETA tester is at the ready! :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks for the support, I do apprecate your patience...

I think I am going to aproach this in two phases. The first phase I am going to focus on is the Server side components. I would like to create a new build (with the current enhancements) and work the bugs out of that first. Once we get the server side perfected, then we can move on to the Client piece.

The first server build should be out on Saturday or Sunday...

Wile E.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for the support, I do apprecate your patience...

I think I am going to aproach this in two phases. The first phase I am going to focus on is the Server side components. I would like to create a new build (with the current enhancements) and work the bugs out of that first. Once we get the server side perfected, then we can move on to the Client piece.

The first server build should be out on Saturday or Sunday...

Wile E.

Hi WileE!

Take your time and do the things the way you consider better, we will wait until them patiently ;);)

If you don't mind, I will try again the CM11 with your new release when you upload it, althought I am pretty sure that it won't work (with the Active Home -basic, not pro- software I can't see any X10 Device Network Service). But well, if the plugin progress goes on I will considere the possibility of buying a CM15, we will see.

Thanks again for your work and best regards,

Aitor

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

We are making progres. The following is what I have done over the weekend...

1. Removed the scheduling from the Server (for now) to reduce some complications in the plugin.
    2. Converted the config files to XML instead of flat files.
    3. Added the port number entry in the Server & Client configuration, so you can choose a port that works for your situation.
    4. Modified the Client configuration to allow specific lights to be dimmed/turned off when a movie starts.
    5. Modified the Client configuration to allow speicific lights to be un-dimmed/turned on when a movie stops/paused.

I expect to have another test build out later this week. I will post the files to the first post of this thread...

Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom