[Plugin] X10 Home Automation (1 Viewer)

Tophicles

Portal Member
January 15, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey dobyken,
Do me a favor... Go to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\X10Server\Config folder and see if there are three files. Server.xml, Devices.xml and Rooms.xml. Delete these three files and try the configuration again. I think something happened during creating a device and it corrupted the XML file, thus making it crash whenever you attemp to go into the configuration.

Also, do you remember your entries on the Device page before it crashed?

Adding Rooms and devices worked ok, I think... I'm not really sure what to do there, do I mirror what I have setup in AHP?
That X10_Remote.dll file IS in the correct folder... I can't find any logs to speak of. I should point out that I'm running the Configuration in the MediaPortal Configuration, not in the actual MP program (don't know if that makes a difference)

EDIT: I'd be happy to provide remote connectivity to my HTPC if you wish to snoop around, let me know!

Hmmm... Yes, you should be running the configuration within MP Configuration, not the GUI. And Yes, you should have the devices setup in AHP as well (I know its double work, but the API doesnt provide me access to devices :( )

Your log files are located in the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log folder on Vista and Windows 7. Im not sure where they are located on XP...

Ok, I have now attached my Mediaportal.log file (there is no Error.log file), thanks for the point to the folder!
Do my rooms, devices need to be identical in AHP and your configuration, like same names etc? Or just the hardware address (a1 etc).

Hope this helps!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No, I haven't even installed the client plugin yet. This is a completely new setup from my previous testing. I don't think I even have AHP installed yet. Most of the problems I had before were on the server side with it not starting up automatically.

I added two buttons to the Devices Tab (Test On & Test Off), that was what I was referring to when I asked if you were able to control your devices. Could you try that? Note: Be sure to hightlight the complete row of the device before hitting the Test buttons.

Ok, I have now attached my Mediaportal.log file (there is no Error.log file), thanks for the point to the folder!
    Do my rooms, devices need to be identical in AHP and your configuration, like same names etc? Or just the hardware address (a1 etc).

Hope this helps!

Hmm... There was not really any good information in your MediaPortal.log file :( No, your config does not have to be identical. As long as the device is there in AHP with the hardware address, it should be fine.

This may be a stupid question, but did you hightlight the comlete row (Not just hightlight the device name) when you hit the Test buttons?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

I posted 0.2 version of the plugin. I think I found out where the X10_Remote.dll errors were coming from. I also defaulted the "Include in All Lights On?" to No.

NOTE: Please Stop & Uninstall the service in MP Configuration before installing this new version.

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Success!!

Update....

I posted 0.2 version of the plugin. I think I found out where the X10_Remote.dll errors were coming from. I also defaulted the "Include in All Lights On?" to No.

NOTE: Please Stop & Uninstall the service in MP Configuration before installing this new version.

Works like a charm! Well done sir!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    No, I haven't even installed the client plugin yet. This is a completely new setup from my previous testing. I don't think I even have AHP installed yet. Most of the problems I had before were on the server side with it not starting up automatically.

Hey Dobyken,
    You will have to install AHP before you will be able to test the server properly. You have to add the devices (device names are not important, just the House/Device Code & type of device.)

Update....

Works like a charm! Well done sir!

Wow Finally!!! Thanks Tophicles!

Okay, is there anything else you can think of to make the server install any easier? If not we will move on to the client piece...

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    WileE, only one question if you don't mind:

Is the CM15Pro fully compatible with Windows 7 (64bits)?

Thank you very much and congratulations, it seems that you have fixed all the bugs with the server part ;) Great!

Regards,

Aitor

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Thank you very much and congratulations, it seems that you have fixed all the bugs with the server part ;) Great!

Regards,

Aitor

Hey Aitor,
    Yes, I am currently running AHP with the CM15 on Windows 7 64bit.

Does this version not work with your hardware? :(

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Regards,

Aitor

Hey Aitor,
    Yes, I am currently running AHP with the CM15 on Windows 7 64bit.

Does this version not work with your hardware? :(

The version that doesn't work with Windows 7 is CM11 (I think that it also doesn't work with Vista, but as I was using XP...). But don't worry, I'm using the XP mode included in Windows 7 Pro and now it works fine (well, sometimes the driver doesn't recognize the controller, but it can be fixed :D). Anyway, I'm seriouslly thinking about buying the CM15 as long as it's fully compatible with Windows 7, works with this plugin :)P), has the RF receiver integrated (does it work fine? I've read in the X10 forums that's a little bit useless due to its limited range),...

Thanks for your help and keep up with the good work ;)

Aitor

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

Okay, this is what I have on the client so far. I have been working on the config, allowing the IP address & port # of the server, and an event that will dim/turn off lights when a movie starts, and brighten/turn them back on when stopped. I figured we would start with one device, then once we get it perfected we can move on to multiple devices.

I should have a bulid of the client to test by weeks end...

Attachments

• x10config.jpg
      x10config.jpg
      74.3 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    bodiroga,
    I just posted a new version of the server install (on the first post of this thread.) Could you do me a favor and install it and see if you can get your devices to work with your CM11?

After the install go to the config and click on Install Windows Services. After that, go to Administrator->Services and see if you see two X10 Services. X10 Device Network & X10 Home Automation Server. Check to make sure both are running. If not start the Device Network first, then the X10 Home Automation Server second.

Im interested to see if that will work for you... (Im trying to get it to work with the CM11 so you dont have to purchase new hardware...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom