hi
as a new member,how are plugins added to mediaportal
sheppy

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

This depends on the particular plugin you're trying to install. Some plugins come with a complete installer and do all the work for you. Others require you to manually copy some files to one or more directories. Assuming you've installed MediaPortal in the default location: basically a plugin is installed in the directory C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\. Depending on what type of plugin it is, it belongs in one of the corresponding subdirectories. Just read the instructions that come with the plugins, either via some readme or in the forum thread of the particular plugin.

Kind regards,
    Michel

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    everything scoop said is correct, but...

most of the plugins already ship with mp. All you have to do is enter setup (F2), go to plugins and activate it in order to see it in the home menu. Most of the plugin need to be set up themselves ( select. and press setup button)

for example my recipies, my burner, my explorer, my news and a lot more.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom