hi
as a new member,how are plugins added to mediaportal
sheppy

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

This depends on the particular plugin you're trying to install. Some plugins come with a complete installer and do all the work for you. Others require you to manually copy some files to one or more directories. Assuming you've installed MediaPortal in the default location: basically a plugin is installed in the directory C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\. Depending on what type of plugin it is, it belongs in one of the corresponding subdirectories. Just read the instructions that come with the plugins, either via some readme or in the forum thread of the particular plugin.

Kind regards,
    Michel

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    everything scoop said is correct, but...

most of the plugins already ship with mp. All you have to do is enter setup (F2), go to plugins and activate it in order to see it in the home menu. Most of the plugin need to be set up themselves ( select. and press setup button)

for example my recipies, my burner, my explorer, my news and a lot more.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Ah OK, thanks for the hints. I will read the wike. For mkv I was using VLC and there it's not needed to install anything special for it, that's why I thought it could be a missing plugin. For the Albums of the Genre I was using the button you showed but in the and I got an Tracklich of this Genre not an Album list but I will check...
    Ah OK, thanks for the hints. I will read the wike. For mkv I was using VLC and there it's not needed to install anything special...
    I'm new to MediaPortal and I was looking for Plugins which could make MediaPortal for me workabel but I can only find 9 Plugins...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom