Poll: Have you got a 3D TV or are you going to buy one? (1 Viewer)

Have you got a 3D TV or are you going to buy one?

• I've got already a 3D-ready TV!

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • I don't have one, but i'm planning to buy one of them, soon!

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • No I'm not interested in this! (too expensive, half-baked etc.)

Votes: 83 80.6%

• Total voters

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
As the Title says, this is a poll about buying or having already a 3D ready TV.

Maybe this thread can show the importance of implement a 3D feature into mediaportal.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Voted for "No I'm not interested in this! (too expensive, half-baked etc.)".

In my opinion 3D is just a new marketing tech to sell again new set of TVs (and yes, even blu-ray players need an update :)). Lets wait 5 to 10 years when there is really some good standard on:

• codecs / source filters
    • HW / displays that allow you to "experience" 3D without any funny glasses on your nose

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm probably going to get a 3DTV, but the main reason for buying it won't be the 3D, but I'm looking at Panasonics VT20/25 series atm

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Poll: Have you got a 3D TV or are you going to buy one?

"not interested"

I think this is just a new funny version of TV's to sell few more... Perhaps we'll get some "real" 3D experience in our living rooms in the next 10-20 years without needing exepnsive glasses :)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not buying one. But that doesn't mean I am not interested in the technology itself.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I voted no - at least not for a while. I only just moved from an old CRT to a LED TV late last year :oops:

I think I'll wait for 4D TV before upgrading :D

MLH01.

D

dm15644

AW: Poll: Have you got a 3D TV or are you going to buy one?

I'm going to try the Playstation 3 solution for 3D.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Voted Nay. It's far too expensive for me, yet. And I don't like that you need to wear glasses. At the movies it's OK, for maybe two hours, but at home...no thank you.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: Poll: Have you got a 3D TV or are you going to buy one?

I'm going to try the Playstation 3 solution for 3D.

does PS3 have 3D in a system update or something?

i dont have a 3d tv ...my tv is 3 years old, 1080i compatible, 720p native...its hard to justify going to 1080p

also have u noticed when watching movies on a new 100hz or 200hz TV that everything moves really fast? does it have to do with the refresh rate or something? especially with animated movies like shrek or even just normal tv...just looks very nausiating tbh

i had a chat with a guy who works at the local tv store and he said he didnt even notice what i was talking about...lol

PS: there are 3D tvs that DO NOT require 3d glasses...they are just so expencive that u may as well forget about it for a few years

Users who are viewing this thread