Pop-up error message generated for certain MKV files with UTF-8 subtitles (1 Viewer)

fillerguy

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Milton, ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
the error still occurs with the 1.01 public release. can you rebuild the file for this version? :D

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
I have this error message though I don't use subtitles. I'm running MP1.02 and SAF3.47 (when I installed SAF, I selected that I do not use subtitles).

Thoughts?

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
MP 1.1 Alpha should fix it (when using MPC-HC subtitle engine).

I ran this briefly over the weekend, and it does fix the issue =).

It's always confused me though given that when I install SAF, I turn subtitles off.

Oh well, I'll just twiddle my thumbs until MP1.1 (at least the RC) is out and I'll put it on my production HTPC (with Win7).

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Edit: I'm stupid

You have to choose the MPC-HC subtitle engine under Videos -> Subtitle tab. The error should then disappear on 1.1, I'm certain.

This is why I will not make a patch for 1.0.2 or older versions. Everyone should update to 1.1, especially since the RC1 release is coming up soon.

d3rang3d

Portal Member
January 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
when i try to update to 1.1 it tells me im using a beta and i cant update and that i can only do a fresh install, but im running 1.02 stable ? i dont want to loose all of my setup it has taken me forever to get everything setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom