Possible to scan folders instead of files? (1 Viewer)

lowcrust

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
All my movies are in "release format" meaning their filename isn´t always easily deciphered. 95% of my movies comes up as failed in the scan. Would it be possible to scan the folder-names instead?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I would also like this, and it should be doable. I think it should be an option to use the name of the folder in which a movie file is found when it searches for movie info. Anyways its not a very big problem and thats probably why no dev has taken the time to do this. Once you have searched your movie DB once you aren't likely to do it again in a while and thus its no big deal to just manually type in the movie name.

lowcrust

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
But, if you like me, have a movie DB of a few hundred movies, having to manually enter all of them makes the idea of an automated DB pretty much obsolete.

It's not a big problem, granted, because I now browse through the files like I would in explorer.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Yap same here =) I dont use the DB because I dont like it. But I like having the IMDB data available tho. And I did actually rename many of my movie files so they had the correct name. Hell of a job but you only have to do it once.

str11der

December 12, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I guess I'm in the same boat. Just downloaded it and trying to set up my video library but can't seem to do it. I have about 350 DVDs ripped to \\movies\%movietitle%\*.vob and *.ifo . I can't find any way to scan my movies by yhe folder name and do a lookup in IMDB. I've done this in XBMC but can't figure out how to accomplish it here. I looked at the MY Films plugin but for that you need to have everything in ANT. I then looked at ANT but couldn't find anything there either that could scan my folders to automatically add them to the ANT database. If I'm missing something please let me know. I'm trying to set this up on the PCs that are in my kids rooms.

ace0174

January 5, 2008
I also vote for this feature. Would save a lot of time and manual work renaming stuff so it is properly detected by MP

gwillia1

Portal Member
May 13, 2007
I find that if you leave your vobs and ifos in a VIDEO_TS directory, then MP does seem to use the parent folder name.

e.g. if you have C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\My Videos\Fellowship Of The Ring\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO and you invoke the IMDB lookup, then MP seems to use "Fellowship Of The Ring" as the search text.

It took me a while to realise this as I was manually removing the redundant VIDEO_TS folder before, which causes MP to look up all the individual IFOs and VOBs. The titles of these files aren't any use for IMDB.

hth, G.

str11der

December 12, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I find that if you leave your vobs and ifos in a VIDEO_TS directory, then MP does seem to use the parent folder name.

e.g. if you have C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\My Videos\Fellowship Of The Ring\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO and you invoke the IMDB lookup, then MP seems to use "Fellowship Of The Ring" as the search text.

It took me a while to realise this as I was manually removing the redundant VIDEO_TS folder before, which causes MP to look up all the individual IFOs and VOBs. The titles of these files aren't any use for IMDB.

hth, G.

The thing is all the other programs I use work fine without the video_TS folder. Plus I have about 450 DVDs ripped already.

NewUser

Portal Pro
January 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm in the same boat as this. I do not want to rename my movie DB. I'm guessing to the scanning function is in the "my movies" plugin? So I were to modify it myself I would need to grab the source code and compile myself?

Users who are viewing this thread