PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

evilgroby

Portal Pro
February 2, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.2 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

okay, here i am again.
something ist wrong with my powerscheduler++.
epg didnt start the htpc out of standby. also after a record the htpc ist still awake and do not fall in standby.

in this last log you can see a record at 3:00 till 3:45 15.12.2011
why the htpc isnt going to standby !?

please help me and the see the logs :)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 10
The command must not have any parameters. The best thing you can do, is to put your "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 10" into a batch file and put the call to this in the Advanced tab (e.g. "C:\xyz\shutdown.bat"). When calling the batch, PS++ adds the parameter "suspend" (when running on suspend) or "wakeup" (when running on wakeup). In the batch file you can query the parameter to start the shutdown only on wakeup and not on suspend. See here for examples.

Michael

okay, here i am again.
something ist wrong with my powerscheduler++.
epg didnt start the htpc out of standby. also after a record the htpc ist still awake and do not fall in standby.

in this last log you can see a record at 3:00 till 3:45 15.12.2011
why the htpc isnt going to standby !?

please help me and the see the logs :)
From the logs I can only tell you that PS++ did not prevent standby after the recording was finished. So it must be a windows issue.

If you have problems with standby / wakeup / away mode you should begin with nothing "special" (MP, PS client and server, "power tools") running on your system (just deactivate them - no need to uninstall) and see if your system is suspending automatically into the state configured (sleep, hybrid sleep, hibernate) after Windows idle timeout. If this does not work you should call "powercfg /requests" from the command prompt as Administrator to see what prevents your system from standby.
Only if everything is working fine you should activate the other programs step by step. And please send me logs, as soon as you have PS++ running...

Michael

evilgroby

Portal Pro
February 2, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany

since this functionality on my old system has worked well, I never thought about it.
so i have to ask a few more things:

I dont use the function to go automatically to standby (after x minutes) in the powerscheduler++-config.
In my thoughts the computer resumed for a recording and after the recording switch back to the state before => standby.

or is this only the case when I activate the option in the powerscheduler++-config?
i dont want to use the automatic standby (after x minutes) because I use a harmony.
this confuses my harmony ;-)

or did I understand this completely wrong?
uii, how complicated for me in english ;-)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

I dont use the function to go automatically to standby (after x minutes) in the powerscheduler++-config.
In my thoughts the computer resumed for a recording and after the recording switch back to the state before => standby.

or is this only the case when I activate the option in the powerscheduler++-config?
i dont want to use the automatic standby (after x minutes) because I use a harmony....
If you do not activate the "PS++ forces standby when idle" option, it will depend on your Windows Power Settings how and when your system goes to a power saving state. If you configure "Sleep after" in Windows Power Settings to "Never", your PC will stay on (S0) until you manually switch it off and will not return to standby after a recording automatically. So the best thing in my eyes is to configure a short idle timeout (5 - 10 minutes) in Windows and leave Windows the standby handling. The "PS++ forces standby when idle" option is only there for compatibility with the original PowerScheduler and for systems which have problem with Windows standby because of hardware / driver bugs.

Michael

Bogomil

Portal Member
November 10, 2011

Hi all,

I have a problem with my htpc and the automated wake up for scheduled recordings.

The system goes to standby after idle time, but does not wake up for the recordings.

When I manually start the htpc, the recordings start.

Attached you will find my logs, can anyone help me with this problem?

BTW: I also tried the latest alpha, but the problem still exists and I can see see that powerscheduler shows up the next wake up event in the tv server configuration window, but nothing happens here.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Create a schedule task in Windows and set the option to wakeup the pc for this task. If your system also doesn't start, it is not a MP problem. Check your BIOS settings. Enable wakeup from S3 through PME or something similar.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I could not see anything in the logs that would explain, why your PC did not wakeup. So I think it is not a MP or PS++ problem and you should try to check your PC' settings, as described by netexplorer.

Michael

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi all,

I have a problem with my htpc and the automated wake up for scheduled recordings.

The system goes to standby after idle time, but does not wake up for the recordings.

When I manually start the htpc, the recordings start.

Attached you will find my logs, can anyone help me with this problem?

BTW: I also tried the latest alpha, but the problem still exists and I can see see that powerscheduler shows up the next wake up event in the tv server configuration window, but nothing happens here.

agree with netexplorer & michael_t -
    looks more like a BIOS setting problem.

not set awake options in the BIOS prohibit the wake-up of your system.

just my2ct's

regards

Bogomil

Portal Member
    November 10, 2011

Mh, damn it. The Bios settings are ok and the system also wakes up, when I create a schedule task. So it not a windows problem.

This would also confuse me, because it worked before.

Bogomil

Portal Member
    November 10, 2011

Hi again, close before the system goes to stadby, the following is written in the mp log:

There you can see, that the system says that it cannot register powerscheduler as RemoteStandbyHandler. What does this mean?

2011-12-20 08:22:36.825258 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: OnSuspend - Done
    2011-12-20 08:22:36.827258 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TVHome.WndProc(): Windows is suspending
    2011-12-20 08:22:39.829430 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TvNotify: stop
    2011-12-20 08:22:41.073501 [Info.][PS StandbyWakeup(27)]: PS: Cannot register client's PowerScheduler as RemoteStandbyHandler / RemoteWakeupHandler: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.031670 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 127.0.0.1:31457
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

Server stack trace:
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessAndSend(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders headers, Stream inputStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    bei TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Interfaces.IPowerController.UnregisterRemote(Int32 tag)
    bei PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.UnregisterFromRemotePowerScheduler()
    bei PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.OnSuspend()
    bei PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.WndProc(Message& msg)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.WndProc(Message& msg)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.WndProc(Message& msg)
    bei MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.035670 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.037671 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: site :Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.040671 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: source :mscorlib
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.043671 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace:
    Server stack trace:
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessAndSend(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders headers, Stream inputStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    bei TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Interfaces.IPowerController.UnregisterRemote(Int32 tag)
    bei PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.UnregisterFromRemotePowerScheduler()
    bei PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.OnSuspend()
    bei PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.WndProc(Message& msg)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.WndProc(Message& msg)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.WndProc(Message& msg)
    bei MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.240682 [Info.][.NET SystemEvents(4)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: movingpictures.db3
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.344688 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: FanartHandler.db3
    2011-12-20 08:22:44.368690 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: [WIFI_REMOTE] SocketServer stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom