PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hi,
I had issues with powerscheduler and Windows 7 64bit and MP 1.2.2.
Independent of if I had MP started or not the system went into stanby after the set up 5 min, even though I was moving mouse / working with the system.
However, standby and wake up for recordings worked fine.

But I wanted to have the same behaviour as with Windows XP and MP 1.2.0 where
- the system did not go into standby while user activity
- does not go into standby by itself when in MP (only in Homescreen)
- when manually sending HTPC to standby (while MP is open), scheduled recordings resume/send to standby the system properly.

Now I installed PowerScheduler++ with presets of "HTPC" and it does not resume for recordings at all. :(
I activated PowerScheduler++ in both TVServer and MP-config.
I have checked "resume on various wakup events (recording, ...)".

In the log files the resumes have been performed manually.

Can you please help me to get this running?
regards
bart

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Hi,
I had issues with powerscheduler and Windows 7 64bit and MP 1.2.2.
Independent of if I had MP started or not the system went into stanby after the set up 5 min, even though I was moving mouse / working with the system.
However, standby and wake up for recordings worked fine.

But I wanted to have the same behaviour as with Windows XP and MP 1.2.0 where
- the system did not go into standby while user activity
- does not go into standby by itself when in MP (only in Homescreen)
- when manually sending HTPC to standby (while MP is open), scheduled recordings resume/send to standby the system properly.

Now I installed PowerScheduler++ with presets of "HTPC" and it does not resume for recordings at all. :(
I activated PowerScheduler++ in both TVServer and MP-config.
I have checked "resume on various wakup events (recording, ...)".

In the log files the resumes have been performed manually.

Can you please help me to get this running?
regards
bart

I did a complete reboot of the system and now it wakes up for scheduled recordings.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Hi,
Now Recording is working.
Standby after recording is working.

However, I still have issues:
- PowerScheduler++ sends the HTPC to standby after the 5 min even while user activity
Shall I uncheck the "force shutdown" checkbox?
- When system starts for recording (MP was open before) MP freezes (attached the loggings) if I want to navigate after a while.
Then I need to kill MP and restart MP again.

regards
bart

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

I am no TV expert, so I cannot tell you why your system freezes. For the PS++ part: Please activate "Extensive logging" both in the PowerScheduler++ client and server configuration. Otherwise I cannot see why your system suspends when you are busy.

Michael

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

I am no TV expert, so I cannot tell you why your system freezes. For the PS++ part: Please activate "Extensive logging" both in the PowerScheduler++ client and server configuration. Otherwise I cannot see why your system suspends when you are busy.

Michael

Hi,
Please find attached the log files.
The first one is the one showing at the end that the system enters standby (MP is closed) even though there is user action (mouse movement, keyboard strokes, etc.) in Windows.

The second one, and maybe you have some ideas for that:
I found out that when recording is on and
- I manually send the system to standby
- (I guess) powerscheduller++ doesn't let the system go to standby (what's the expected correct behaviour) but
- I see on my Mini-LCD-display that Windows somehow gets the standby information and
- iMON looses the connection to the IR-receiver.

So, I need to restart iMON to be able to use my remote control again.
With Windows XP and and PowerScheduler (not ++) this didn't happen.

The mentioned MP freeze didn't appear again up to now.

regards
bart

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

At 16:56:24 your MP client was closed, so the PS++ client plugin ended too and could not inform the server about user activity any longer. Thus 2 minutes later ("standby after") the PS++ server plugin brought the system to standby, as it should do ("PS++ forces system to standby if idle" is checked). To prevent this you can either uncheck "PS++ forces system to standby if idle" and let Windows suspend your system if it is really idle or you can check the "Prevent standby while MP client is not running" option in the "Process" tab. I would recommend the first option and only if this makes problems try the second.

Concerning your problems with "powerscheduler++ doesn't let the system go to standby":
Since Windows Vista there is a system mode called "away mode" which is nothing but S5 (normal run mode) with the display disabled and the audio muted. Windows enters this away mode on user standby actions (power button, ...) if it is told to do so by PS++ (e.g. when a recording is active).
I have not found anything in the logs, but it is possible that iMON does not handle away mode properly and crashes on entering or leaving away mode. This would be a iMON bug, since away mode is a Windows feature and shoud be supported (or ignored) by Vista / Windows 7 compatible software.

Michael

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden

Bogomil: I had the same problem. No wake up from standby. After reading Your post I remember that setting a wakeup-event needs a users password. I had a password for me and used "autologon" for logging in. Therefore I removed my login pw, changed my loggin pw to "" , i.e. empty string. After that MP starts from suspend :)

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Thanks for the support.
Now I selected "allow standby only in home screen and recordings start and stop properly.
It is a good hint regarding away mode. I will check more closely.
Regards
Bart

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

How are you supposed to install this on a dedicated TV server? I can only find mpe1 files, but there's no MPEI installed on servers.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

In the thread for the PS++ alpha version you will find a standalone MPEI installer that you can use to install PS++ on server only systems. It was designed for a former version of MP, but should run also with 1.2.2. If not, I will update it.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom