PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (2 Viewers)

LosWochos

Portal Member
January 6, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hi and a happy new year!
on my installation, the Powerscheduler++ seems to stop working after some time (around 3-4 days, but it could also depends on the number of standby/wakeup cycles). My system is configured to wake up for Mediaportal recordings and EPG grabbing, as well as for backup tasks through Windows Scheduler. This usually works fine for several days and standby/wakeup cycles, regardless of who triggered the sleep or wakeup (User through power button, Powerscheduler++, Windows Scheduler) until at some point Powerscheduler++ does not send the PC back to sleep.

With extensive Logging activated, I noticed that at some point the [Powerscheduler Timer] events stop appearing in the log. You can see this in the attached log files, where the old .bak-logfile contains [Powerscheduler Timer] lines until the shutdown on 2. Jan and the .log-file starting on the evening of 3. Jan does not contain any of them until I restarted the system today (4. Jan at 12:31).

If you need any more infomation please contact me.

Regards,
Stefan

PS: The process "MPNoStandby" that prevents standby in the logs is a self-written program with empty event loop (only reacts on WM_DESTROY) that is launched by Windows Scheduler on user login and killed on logout. It prevents automatic standby while the user is active. This is my solution to the problem that Powerscheduler++ sends the PC to sleep even when a user is sitting in front of it :)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

PS: The process "MPNoStandby" that prevents standby in the logs is a self-written program with empty event loop (only reacts on WM_DESTROY) that is launched by Windows Scheduler on user login and killed on logout. It prevents automatic standby while the user is active. This is my solution to the problem that Powerscheduler++ sends the PC to sleep even when a user is sitting in front of it :)

This self-written program is not required in PowerScheduler++.
In the past I also had such a program until the forum said that I could also tick of the "PowerScheduler++ forces system to go to standby when idle" checkbox ;) (see image from wiki)

=StandbyWakeup.png

If you tick off this checkbox it's about to Windows to send the system to standby and it will never go to standby again when you are working on your system. The only thing which you have to do is setting up your standard windows standby behaviour.

PowerScheduler will only prevent the system to shutdown as long as something in Mediaportal is happening.
When nothing happens in Mediaportal anymore than PowerScheduler stops preventing standby and Windows "may" go to standby. If now something happens in Windows it won't shutdown else it may.

Hope this helps.

At the first moment it's hard to understand because you completely turn around the behaviour of your system.
Instead of say "Shutdown down" you say "Don't shutdown now... don't shutdown now ... ... ... now do what you want" :D

LosWochos

Portal Member
January 6, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hi hafblade,

thank you for your comment and explanation! I think I tried it that way with some older version of MP+PS++ and it didn't work the way I wanted - but I can't exactly remember why. Your explanation sounds pretty much like what I'm looking for :)

But I also have some more information about my problem: it just occured in the attached log at the very end, after I woke up the system at 12:52. I had it running for about 1 hour and there were no log entries in tv.log from Powerscheduler (and no suspending). I sent the system to standby manually and woke it up 20 minutes later and still the Powerscheduler did not write any Timer-messages to the log. Only after restarting the TVService it's working again.

LosWochos

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hi

I don't know why this occurs. Perhaps it has something to do with the running webepg but I don't know.
I had some problem some time with PowerScheduler because the server plugin has not been installed correctly due to the fact that PowerScheduler can not shutdown the server correctly while installation. You often have to close the tv server service while installing PowerScheduler.

Perhaps you could try to reinstall the PowerScheduler but that would not explain why it worked after a reboot.
To be honest. I don't know why PowerScheduler should not work after standby.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

I don't know either:confused:. I have no idea what is wrong. I have never seen such a problem on my systems so far. But some systems (all?) have problems with too many suspend / wakeup cycles. I would recommend you to reboot your system from time to time and watch if the error then still occurs. If it does, you might try to disable all other server plugins and all applications beside MP and PS++ and see, if the error is gone. Then I would activate one plugin after the other again to get some idea what is going on...

Sorry that I have no better advice

Michael

adrianr

January 6, 2012
Rottweil
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hi all,
ok lets start my first post on this great board ;) I have a problem with the ps++ since the update to version 1.2.2.0. Its the same like Bogomil on the page 14... If i want to record something and the pc have to get up from suspend mode nothing happens... It is definitiv no BIOS or windows prob, because everything works fine bevor the update to 1.2.2.0. I'm not sure from which version i did the update... it was installed in august or september 2011.
The mp logs are attached. I hope thats all you need.....
Thank you in advance for your help :)

Adrian

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Maybe there is a version incompatibility problem with PS++ 1.2.2.0.
Could you do me a favour to find it out?
  1. Reinstall PS++ 1.2.2.0
  2. Restart your system, wait 5 minutes and collect the logs
  3. Disable all other server plugins except PS++ in TV-Server Configuration. Restart your system, wait 5 minutes and collect the logs.
  4. Send me both logs.
Thank you very much

Michael

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello

I'm having a problem with the reboot option - it's simply gone...
    I guess this is since the update to mp 1.2.2 and it has always worked absolutely reliable.
    But this morning I checked the mp options and saw that there is no reboot option anymore.
    I then reinstalled ps++ 1.2.2.0 but nothing has changed.
    But according to the wiki it should be there, right?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It is there, did you install the original PowerScheduler?

Michael

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The mp extension installer showed ps++ being installed while the tv server setup only showed the configuration
    tabs for the original ps.
    Anyway, I deinstalled ps++ and reinstalled it once again and now it is back again.

thx..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom