PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (5 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

- Is it possible to stop play before goes sleeping ? When computer resume I see the last picture before goes sleeping, it make not really pro ;-)
PS++ tries to stop the player before going to standby, but this is not always successful. Some people have programmed their remote control therefore to stop tv and then call standby when they press the off button (works only with programmable remote controls...). When I have time I will have a look at the problem...
- When I use the restart of TV service, the last "imon.exe" (soungraph) Crash. It seem that this option has a action on all USB devices, I'm wrong ? (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chscreen-plugin-92354/index13.html#post833819 and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chscreen-plugin-92354/index13.html#post835534)
PS(++) does not restart the tv service but only reinitialize the tv controller software. I do not know how this works, since I simply took the code from the original PowerScheduler and did not change anything.
...I have a few problems, ... I also have problems similar to what nabster says.
If you have problems please send logs, otherwise I cannot help you (nor nabster). See on first post how to do it.
When playing OnlineVideo's is this recognised by PS++ as content being played?
Yes.

Michael

Mac101

January 13, 2012
Hi there,

Without digging out my system spec, generating logs etc, could anyone tell me if I'm expecting more of powerscheduler++ that it can do?

I'm running the latest version of MP on a Windows 7 desktop pc. Powerscheduler++ works great turning the machine on and off, however almost too well.

When I'm using the machine for browsing, word, excel etc, without MP running, nor a recording taking place, but the tvserver back end running, the machine will still standby on me. It will standby after the specified duration (15 mins) regardless of my activity. Is this a limitation of Powerscheduler++, or am I being simple and have bugg**ed the setting ?

Google isn't being my friend and hasn't given any obvious answers.

Thanks in advance

Mac101

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

When I'm using the machine for browsing, word, excel etc, without MP running, nor a recording taking place, but the tvserver back end running, the machine will still standby on me. It will standby after the specified duration (15 mins) regardless of my activity. Is this a limitation of Powerscheduler++, or am I being simple and have bugg**ed the setting ?
This is the designed behaviour if you have checked the "PS++ forces standby..." option and the MP client is not running (the client checks for user activity, but if it is not active there is no user activity signalled to the server and thus it suspends your PC after the configured time).
There are two ways to overcome this: Either uncheck the "PS++ forces standby..." option and let Windows care for standby (recommended and default for "Desktop" profile) or check the "No standby while MediaPortal client is not running" option in the "Processes" tab, but this will allow standby only if the MP client is active (again).

Michael

Mac101

January 13, 2012
Thanks Michael_t,

I was assuming "user activity" was across the system, not just within MP, so there's my problem.

In which case, I'll uncheck the "PS++ forces standby..." option. However, will this mean the machine can standby even when a recording is taking place / will the machine actually standby if there isn't a recording taking place?

Also, whilst I'm asking simple questions, will PS++ be able to wake the system up again regardless that the standby was initiated by Windows rather than PS++?

Thanks again

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

In which case, I'll uncheck the "PS++ forces standby..." option. However, will this mean the machine can standby even when a recording is taking place / will the machine actually standby if there isn't a recording taking place?
No, in any case PS++ prevents unwanted standbys by Windows or even the user (if away mode is configured). This option only means that PS++ actively starts standby instaed of relying on Windows.
Also, whilst I'm asking simple questions, will PS++ be able to wake the system up again regardless that the standby was initiated by Windows rather than PS++?
Wakeup is totally independent from standby, regardless whether the standby was initiated by Windows, PS++ or by the user...

Michael

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I was browsing my logs and noticed my tv.log is becoming enormous. Its full of PS output. I'm just curious why if needs to check every 15 seconds? Also, it reports it is setting a wake up timer for my EPG every 15 seconds also.. Is this excessive or by design?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

If the check interval is set too long, it might be possible that some events (e.g. changes in scheduled recordings) are not seen by PS++ before the system is suspended manually and thus will be ignored because there is no recalculation of the next wakeup time. On the other hand the check interval should not be too short to reduce CPU load (and log file length - which is not so important because the logfile should be rotated every some days). So the default value of 15 sec seems to be a good compromise for the check interval. But you can adjust it on the "Advanced" tab, if you like and you can disable "Extensive logging" which should reduce PS++'s logs dramatically...

Michael

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Hi,
    I am running PowerScheduler++ v1.2.2.0. It runs good so far, however, today it didn't enter standby after recording.
    The settings I have:
    - EPG does NOT prevent standby.
    - EPG grapping on Tuesday, Thursday (so not today)
    - MP was in homescreen, when I turned on the TV
    - client config: only allow standby when in HomeScren
    In the logging (e.g. tvserver_tv) I see that standby was prevented but can not figure out why.

---- PowerScheduler: Inspecting PowerSchedulerClientPlugin: prevents standby ---

Can it be that MP shows the homescreen but has another page still opened?

After I closed MP it went into standby after 5 min. However, it always did so when MP was open (as I can remember), except today.

Yesterday I installed BlurayHandler and AnyDVD.

Can you please have a look to the loggings to give me an idea what went wrong?
    Or is there a better combination in the settings? The thing is, I don't want the system to go into standby when having other screens opened than the homescreen in MP.

regards
    bart

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I cannot tell you why the client prevented standby, because your client logs do not cover the relevant time and the "Extensive logging" was not enabled for the PS++ client. So if you can reproduce the error please send me new logs.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom