PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (4 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm having a minor problem when playing movies.
    When a movie ends the system seems to enter away mode because the screen blanks.
    Pressing any key solves the problem and mp comes back to life but I wonder how to prevent that.
    I unchecked the away mode option in windows settings but that didn't help.
    I attached a log where the system did what I described.
    I am grateful for any hint....

Hello!
    Go to windows power options and set "Turn off monitor" to "never"

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be honest I don't know. =)
    Maybe because video and TV behave different in MP.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and thank you very much for your work.

Many usershave problemswhenwe come from ahibernation.But we musthibernate to schedule recordings.

I have problems with the imon display and control, not working properly.

For this.Would it be possibleto change the wayoffautomatically.

Scheduled Recordings----Hibernate, suspend
    No Scheduled Tasks--------Off.

It would be possible.

Sorry formy English
    You can use hibernate as power-saving mode with PS++:
    • Either you activate the "PS++ forces system to standby when idle" option - then you can select "Hibernate" as PS++ standby mode.
    • Or you let Windows do the standby - then you should configure the Windows power settings to let the computer go to hibernate when idle.
    But it is not possible to use different power-saving modes like you proposed and I will not change this, because it would make things very complicate. BTW: power usage is the same in Hibernate and off mode.

Michael

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe because video and TV behave different in MP.
    I think I know...
    After a user action the time after which the screen blanks starts again. Since live TV won't stop until any key is pressed
    the screen won't blank in this case.
    Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?
    Not that it is important now that is don't have the problem any more but I like to understand things...

agamenon

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2009
    You can use hibernate as power-saving mode with PS++:
    • Either you activate the "PS++ forces system to standby when idle" option - then you can select "Hibernate" as PS++ standby mode.
    • Or you let Windows do the standby - then you should configure the Windows power settings to let the computer go to hibernate when idle.
    But it is not possible to use different power-saving modes like you proposed and I will not change this, because it would make things very complicate. BTW: power usage is the same in Hibernate and off mode.

Michael

Thank you very much for your reply.
    I do not want to make it work, enough has been done.
    Just an idea.

Another solution might be to use two plugins.

Powerscheduler1 "Sleep-Hibernate"
    -If recording. acts
    -No recording. Not act and let stand Powerscheduler2

Powerscheduler2.
    -Scheduled always off

It's just an idea in the future could be.

thanks

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    I'm running a multiseat config. Look at my hardware in my signature. Im using powerscheduler++ 1.2.1.1 and when the tv server is asleep and i run a client the server wakes up but the tvserver service is stopped. How can i fix that? i think posting logs due running debug mode might not help cause debug mode isnt available on server

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Enable "Extensive Logging" in the PS++ config (Advanced tab), restart the tvservice (or reboot the server), reproduce the situation and send me the server logs.

Michael

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yesterday i tried reproducing the problem and...... it worked ..... but the TV Tuners

As you can c in my signature im using two firedtvs. as the tvserver wakes up from standby the tuners are no more shown as dvb-c but as n/a and i cannot tune to any channel

---- edit 24th february 2012 15:35 ---

i attached my tv.log from the tvserver. at first i just started the tv server without tuning to any channel. then i waited some minutes till server goes standby. later i started mediaportal on a client and tried to watch a free channel. but it failed. in the "manuel control" tab in the tv server configuration the dvb-c cards showed ab as n/a.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems that this is a problem with the FireDTV tv card (driver). I have the same problems with my FireDTV card - I can't use S3, only S4 (hibernate) as power-saving mode. You should activate Hibernate on your computer and select "Hibernate" as standby mode in the PS++ configuration (Standby/Wakeup tab).

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom