PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
...MP stays up all night for EPG, even though "Prevent standby when grabbing EPG" is unchecked....
PS++ does not keep your system up becuase of EPG grabbing; it considers the system idle for nearly the whole night. Sice you configured PS++ that Windows should care for standby you should check your windows power settings. The original PS forces the system to standby if it is considered being idle, so you did not experience the continuous "uptime" after uninstalling PS++. If you are happy with the original PS, keep it. Otherwise you should check your windows power settings, why windows does not send your system to standby after the system idle timeout. You could also try the new beta version of PS++ that does all power settings automatically.
Independent from your problems I discoverd a bug from your logfiles, that obviously leads to the reboot not being performed if the check interval is too long (1 minute or more - like in your case). I will check this and fix it in the next version.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
...had the same problem today, system waked up @ 04:00 clock but standby works well as always, attached the log and some screens
I think you refer to the hiatus described in rsbrux's post. The screen dump you provided shows that the bonjour service has some problems at the time of the reboot. Since I do not know this service, I cannot tell you what this error messages mean. Everything else seems to run quite smoothly...

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Probably my Mobo is not supporting "Away mode" properly, but I cannot understand there is no way to keep it alive...as it worked perfectly under XP.
Away mode in Win7 / Vista is nothing that has to be supported by the motherboard; it is simply S0 mode (system running) with audio and display deactivated. From the log snipplet provided I cannot see if your system entered away mode or why it did not do so. Please activate debug mode, have MP client running, reproduce the error and send me full logs as described in the first post of this thread.

Michael

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ...had the same problem today, system waked up @ 04:00 clock but standby works well as always, attached the log and some screens
    I think you refer to the hiatus described in rsbrux's post. The screen dump you provided shows that the bonjour service has some problems at the time of the reboot. Since I do not know this service, I cannot tell you what this error messages mean. Everything else seems to run quite smoothly...

Michael
    thanks for your answer, but why did my system woke up today i checked tuesday and saturday for wakeup and not friday

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your answer, but why did my system woke up today i checked tuesday and saturday for wakeup and not friday
    From the rudimentatry log provided I understand that the system woke up on friday not because of EPG grabbing but because of a scheduled reboot. Did you configure reboot for friday?

Michael

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Away mode in Win7 / Vista is nothing that has to be supported by the motherboard; it is simply S0 mode (system running) with audio and display deactivated. From the log snipplet provided I cannot see if your system entered away mode or why it did not do so. Please activate debug mode, have MP client running, reproduce the error and send me full logs as described in the first post of this thread.

I attach logs. Stand-by has been requested by remote control (IRSS) at 9:50:08 and the system has entered S3 at 9:50:23 with 2 recordings in progress.....

Ambass.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    From the rudimentatry log provided I understand that the system woke up on friday not because of EPG grabbing but because of a scheduled reboot. Did you configure reboot for friday?

Michael
    shame on me, it was the reboot :oops:

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Michael
    maybe you can take another look to this, i dont know why the system started today

Attachments

• Unbenannt-1.jpg
      Unbenannt-1.jpg
      51.3 KB
    • Unbenannt-2.jpg
      Unbenannt-2.jpg
      68.4 KB

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    also i had a problem with Ampdroid and the TV Server, for some reason the server didnt noted a streaming client and goes into standby.
    I added the option to prevent the Standby Mode due to the network acitivity which works fine with my normal clients but not with my Tablet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom