PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (6 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Could you please send full logs of the error situation (as described in the first post of this thread)?

Michael

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Michael.
    Great plugin!

I use it to put my Client/Server in standby overnight during "allowed standby hours". I also use it to run a batch file to unload/load my USB IRToy driver which doesn't support standby correctly.

I also have a MP Client which has the Client Only version of the plugin installed. Is there some what to enable options similar to the Server setup to run a command on standby/resume and to allow standby only during "allowed standby hours"?

Thanks,
    Doug

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again.
    I tried using the external Power adapter for my FireDTVs and.... It works. Afert beeing in standby i can watch TV via the FireDTV Viewer. BUT

after the standby the tv services is stopped. I dont know why. alread checked my log (attached). and advice?

Spottie

April 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Michael,
    I'm using PowerScheduler for several months now, and everything works well.
    I have configered it to grab EPG every day at 03:00.
    Also configured reboot at saturday at 04:00 and checked wake up system for reboot.
    While browsing the logs I noticed that the system wakes correctly every day at 03:00 to grab EPG.

But it also wakes up every day at 04:00 and after 5 minutes being idle the system suspends again.
    Only on Saterday's it also reboots. (as it should!).
    I don't understand the wake up's at 04:00 at the other day's.
    Do you have any idea's about that?
    Thanks,
    Wil

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, Michael.
    Great plugin!

I use it to put my Client/Server in standby overnight during "allowed standby hours". I also use it to run a batch file to unload/load my USB IRToy driver which doesn't support standby correctly.

I also have a MP Client which has the Client Only version of the plugin installed. Is there some what to enable options similar to the Server setup to run a command on standby/resume and to allow standby only during "allowed standby hours"?

Thanks,
    Doug
    Hi Doug,

good news and bad news: The new beta version has all the (relevant) server options also for standalone clients, but I dropped the standby hours option, since I think it is better to use an automatic idle standby, i.e the PC goes to standby every time it is idle.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But it also wakes up every day at 04:00 and after 5 minutes being idle the system suspends again.
    Hi Wil,

I need full and uncut log files (see on first post how to do this) to see why your system acts as described. The best would be logs covering one of the unnecessary wakeups at 4 o'clock.

Michael

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael,
    I do have one question (or feature request) after my PC was going in standby today once again during working using the standard powerscheduler:

Does PowerScheduler++ recognize general mouse and /or keyboardactivity and prevents standby for "Shutdown Server after xx idle minutes" without running any MP client? The WIKI says "while user is active". The standard powerscheduler does not.

Also it would be nice if the user could specify any system process activity and/or IO disk activity to prevent standby like the network transfer rate.

Greetings, huha

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After reading all of the recommendations here about how much better this is than the built-in PS plugin, I gave it a try. Unfortunately, I am very disappointed. I was hoping to let the Windows timeout take over, so as not to have to specify all of the exceptions, but the DVB EPG is keeping my system awake. Since switching to PS++, I also get an error message every time I log in as admin, saying that windows recovered from an exceptional shutdown. This is quite surprising, since I have disable forced shutdown (which I found enabled by default). Looking at the logs, it looks as though MP is crashing the system almost immediately after waking for EPG grabbing at 4 AM. After restarting from this, things look normal, but the system rarely if ever shuts down, because it is always busy updating EPG. Since this is supposed to be a separate plugin, I thought I would be able to disable it and go back to the built-in plugin if I didn't like it, but it seems to have replaced the built-in PS plugin completely. Logs attached, any advice welcome!

P.S. Even choosing "Hibernate" from MP's own power management menu doesn't work!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does PowerScheduler++ recognize general mouse and /or keyboardactivity and prevents standby for "Shutdown Server after xx idle minutes" without running any MP client?
    Depending on the selected profile (e.g. "Desktop") in the PS++ configuration, PS++ can handle also situations when the MP client is not active. Make sure that you have disabled the "PS++ forces standby when idle" option in the "Advanced" tab and not selected the "Prevent standby while MP client is not running" option in the "Processes" tab. Windows will then care for standby and will only go to standby when there is no user activity.
    Also it would be nice if the user could specify any system process activity and/or IO disk activity to prevent standby like the network transfer rate.
    You have all these options in the PS++ configuration.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom