PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have suggestions for some improvements, especially on systems with "faulty" hardware.

First of all, make it possible to execute a program (batch) only before standby and a separate one after resume (means two fields to enter commands like it is in "Hibernate Trigger").

And the second suggestion is a checkbox to restart tvservice after resume, not only reinitialize (net stop tvservice - net start tvservice). On lots of not too good TV cards the reinitialising did not help, the restart did. For now I've done this (if it's necessary) with hibernate trigger and some batch files. I think this features would make PS++ even greater...

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Michael

Have you got any plans to make the change we discussed so that the timer is reset when playing video, to prevent the PC going to sleep as soon as the video finishes playing?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Lehmden,

The latest version of PS++ supports running a batch file for the various power states:

Enter Away
    Leave Away
    Enter standby
    Wake from standby

It simply passes a different parameter to the batch file - there is no real reason to have different parameters??

@doveman - Resetting the idle timer while watching content would be a great "enhancement" for me too :)

I need to do some testing, as I'm not sure if I have a bug with a singleseat/client setup..... where the client doesn't prevent the singleseat from standby

J.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It simply passes a different parameter to the batch file
    I've tried this. It works but you have to write a 10 line bat instead of a 3 line one...
    The restart of TV Server for example looks like that, if you use something like hibernate trigger:
    Code:
    net stop tvservice
    net start tvservice
    exit
    If you use the actual functionality you have to write something like:
    Code:
    IF "%1" == "" goto ende

if %1==wakeup goto wakeup

goto ende

:wakeup   
    NET STOP TVService
    NET START TVService
    goto ende

:ende
    echo Das wars
    exit

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have suggestions for some improvements, especially on systems with "faulty" hardware.
    First of all, make it possible to execute a program (batch) only before standby and a separate one after resume (means two fields to enter commands like it is in "Hibernate Trigger").
    The parameter solution has been taken over from the original PowerScheduler. Thus it is up- and downward compatible, very flexible (new Powerstatus change flags introduced in 1.2.3.3) and the programming overhead is not too big. So I think I will keep with this solution.
    And the second suggestion is a checkbox to restart tvservice after resume, not only reinitialize (net stop tvservice - net start tvservice). On lots of not too good TV cards the reinitialising did not help, the restart did. For now I've done this (if it's necessary) with hibernate trigger and some batch files. I think this features would make PS++ even greater...
    I have to check how to do this.

Michael

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New version 1.2.3.4 release candidate

There is a bug in the 1.2.3.3 version of PS++ that leads to errors with MP 1.3 alpha if the volume control was set to "Master Volume" instead of the default setting "Wave". Then the PS++ master volume unmute code conflicts with the master volume code newly introduced in MP 1.3. Thx to grabi_2001 for reporting the error and testing the bug fix.

To unmute the master volume properly the PS++ code now differentiates between OS (XP/Win7), settings (MasterVolume/Wave) and MP version (1.2.x/1.3.x). Since this is a bit tricky, I will not release the new PS++ version without intensive testing. Therefore I provide this 1.2.3.4 RC (which will not be updated automatically by MPEI) and ask for your help in testing it. I am particulary interested in the compatibility with older versions of MP (1.2.x), since I have not installed these on my systems any longer.

Michael

Attachments

• PowerScheduler++ 1.2.3.4 RC.mpe1
      212 KB
    Last edited:

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I've got a question regarding the option run command on system power state change which is described like this into the wiki :

Run command on system power state change
    Before the system is going to standby and after it has been waked up again, a command can be run with admin privileges. Select the desired executable file (.exe, .cmd, .bat) with the file browser button or type it in manually. Do not use any arguments. The command is called with the argument suspend or wakeup.

In the original plugin (released with MP), you need to select "Reinitialize TV controller on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner)" to get the run commande functionnality working.
    Is it the same with PowerScheduler++??

Other question : If I only want to run a command on the wake up, could someone show me an example syntax with the argument wakeup?

Thank you!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Run command" has nothing to do with "Reinitialize TV controller on wakeup" - these are fully independent options. For a script example search in this thread or in the PS++ test version thread.

Michael

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I've a problem with latest version of PS.

I have 2 machines, the server is a MP Server/client on one machine and PS is running without problems. The PS plugin in MP client only shows the client view
    ( with the 2 tabs).

Another machine has a MP-client installation only, but when I install PS, it installs and shows the server view (With the 6 tabs). Obviously it thinks
    its a server and therefore behaves as such: It does not connect to the server and submits its regular alive signal, causing the server to shut down.

What might PS think its a server or are there other issues that might hinder it from connecting to the server. Everything else in connection to the server works fine. Server adress is properly configured in TV-section.

Thanks for any help

/Gerd

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi michael

I think we've finally found the solution to the problem of the PC not going to standby with Grab EPG whilst Idle enabled. Whilst not a PS or PS++ bug, others may run into it and it may come up here, so I wanted to let you know what the problem and solution are.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ng-when-idle-preventing-standby.104613/page-5

It seems, with Freeview at least, that in TV Server Config - EPG Grabbing section, we need to only tick one channel (BBC One) and untick "Store data only for selected channels". If we tick all the channels we want data for (which seems logical) it actually does a full EPG grab from each of those channels when in fact Freeview provides all the data for all channels (TV & Radio) when grabbing from just one channel (BBC One). If multiple channels are ticked, it seems to get stuck in a loop where it's almost constantly grabbing, leaving Legacy Kernel Caller blocking standby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom