PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

Sebell

Portal Pro
November 25, 2007
Lippstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do not put the Computer to Sleep while Media Portal Client is not running. Ok, i thing this was the Problem :) The MP Client is offline so the Server go not to Sleep. Embarrassing, where are my Glasses ? :)

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
On a side note, was the issue of watching a movie/series not resetting the 'idle' counter/timer ever fixed?

I was watching a TV series last night on a client, when it finished the client went straight into standby - and didn't honour the timeout period afterwards.

I'd like to see this fixed as well please.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
2012-09-16 12:04:44.451171 [PS StandbyWakeup(13)]: PS: Inspecting ProcessActive (MP client inactive): StandbyPrevented
2012-09-16 12:04:44.452148 [PS StandbyWakeup(13)]: PS: Inspecting ActiveNetwork:
2012-09-16 12:04:44.452148 [PS StandbyWakeup(13)]: PS: Inspecting ActiveShares:
2012-09-16 12:04:44.453125 [PS StandbyWakeup(13)]: PS: SetStandbyMode(StandbyPrevented)
2012-09-16 12:04:44.453125 [PS StandbyWakeup(13)]: PS: System is busy and should not go to standby

Why is he busy???
Your system is busy because the MP client is inactive (i.e. not running). This is a "busy" condition, since you checked the respective option in PS++ server configuration. This option is meant only for dedicated HTPCs that would otherwise goto standby while doing administrative work (while the MP client is stopped). You should disable this option on a desktop PC and let Windows handle the standby.
powercfg.exe Output :

DISPLAY:
Keine.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller (PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_812A1043&REV_60\3&267a616a&0&8D)
Ein Audiostream wird derzeit verwendet.
[DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer
[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvService.exe (TVService)
[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (CryptSvc)

AWAYMODE:
Keine.
Moreover you have an audio driver preventing standby since there is some audio playing and another driver (Legacykernelaufrufer - could be anything) also preventing standby and also the CryptSvc service is preventing standby. Try to find out why these drivers and the CryptSvc are preventing standby.

Michael

On a side note, was the issue of watching a movie/series not resetting the 'idle' counter/timer ever fixed?
I'd like to see this fixed as well please.
This issue has been addressed in the latest version (1.2.3.4) - see change logs. Is there a malfunction in this feature - then please send logs!

Michael

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
This issue has been addressed in the latest version (1.2.3.4) - see change logs. Is there a malfunction in this feature - then please send logs!

Awesome, thanks Michael. Sorry I didn't notice this in the changelog.

I haven't tested with 1.2.3.4 yet but I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Please find attached my logs when where my server/singleseat went to sleep when I was using a client - it happened on the 16th at around 11:00 - 11:06

The Mepo.zip is the client, the singleseat.zip is the "server"

The client PS++ plugin does say it is using the server (htpc2).

Many thanks,

J.

Attachments

• mepo.zip
      58.1 KB
    • Singleseat.zip
      438.4 KB

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tried to reproduce your bug and it seems to me that you are running the wrong version of PS++ on your remote client. Though it says 1.2.3.4 it seem to be the previous version (1.2.3.3) with the remote client bug. Could you update your PS++ installation with the version from the PS++ homepage and try it again?

Michael

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Re-installing the client plugin seems to to have solved my issue of the TVServer going to sleep - thanks for your help :)

Could I request a feature enhancement....

Is there anyway of having an option of configuring whether the external program/command should be syncronous or asynchronous with Mediaportal (ie if Mediaportal should wait for the external program to complete before continuing, or whether execution continues straight away - they run in parallel)?

Many thanks,

J.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Why way this option removed? I liked it.
    Can i stil use the older vrsion with MP 1.2.3?
    I which PS++ version was the Shutdown to S5 dropped?
    The feature was dropped because it is not compatible with the IPowerSettings interface definition, which is not mine but a MP provided one. I removed it with the 1.2.3.0 version of PS++. With MP 1.2.3 (but not with MP 1.3) you can also use the old stable version 1.2.2.1 which can be found on the homepage.

Michael
    As the proud owner of a system which has an SSD and therefore boots fast enough to make S4 a waste of time (and a large amount of RAM, which makes it a waste of SSD space), I would also like to have back support for suspend to (and wake from) S5. Based on your post this is probably not the right place to ask for this. What is the appropriate thread or section? Also, what is the next best thing to use in the mean time? Suspend to RAM (S3)?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Not sure if I have two issues or not:

1) I have a singleseat/server running 1.3.0 with 1.2.3.4. I have PS++ configured to standby after 15 minutes (PS++ forcibly shuts down/standbys the system), but it does not seem to honour this, instead it standbys after five minutes. I have attached my TVServer logfile of when this happens... We watched a movie/video until 21:36. At this point I expect a 15 minute idle period, but instead the HTPC goes into standby at 21:41 (5 minutes later)

2) I tried to configure TVServer to run an external program that was located in a different folder under c:\program files (x86), but the CMD file was never executed. When I moved the CMD into the Mediaportal directory, it ran?? If there an issue with directory paths in PS++??

Thanks,

J.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...I would also like to have back support for suspend to (and wake from) S5.
    S5 is power off (soft off) and you cannot wakeup automatically from S5. So I think it is no big loss that PS++ cannot shutdown the PC any longer.
    My recommendation for power saving mode is using S3 (suspend to RAM). S4 (hibernate - suspend to disc) does not cooperate well with away mode, since all user actions mapped to S4 will not result in away mode (if necessary), but will hibernate the system.

Michael

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom