PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Michael,

I have a dedicated TV-server (XP Pro SP3) with 2x separate MP clients (Win7 Pro SP1) running DJBlu's customised MP 1.2.3 build. The TV server has 2x Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S2 cards and 1x Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT DVB-t card (all with the latest drivers). Identical Freeview and Freesat channels are combined, with the DVB-t card set to the highest priority. Until recently I had to leave my TV-server on 24/7 due to other duties, but as that is no longer the case I have started using your PS++ plugin.

When I use the PS++ plugin, I have the following issue. I've got a number of "record every time on this channel" recordings scheduled, and the TV-server wakes up fine to start recording using the DVB-t card (2 minute pre-record). According to the logs, all is fine and the recording is stopped at the right time (5 minute post record). However, when playing the file, it only contains the first 3-4 minutes (small file size, like the recording was stopped early). If I change the priority such that one of the DVB-S2 cards is used, the recording is completed fine. If I disable the PowerScheduler++ plugin with the DVB-t card as the highest priority, the recording is fine too. Finally, watching a DVB-t channel after wake-up isn't an issue either, suggesting the card initialises fine.

I have attached the TV-server logs (after system restart) on the off chance that you spot something which could resolve this issue. The actual recording is 3 minutes and 14 seconds long. Thanks in advance!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Very strange behaviour ...
    From the PS++ logs provided I cannot tell why your system wakes up; you have to look into the system event log in which the reason for every wakeup / resume is logged. Or you call "powercfg /lastwake" after the unexpected wakeup.

Hm - when I look at the Logs I see these entries when the system is waking up itself:

Kernal general
    Die Systemzeit wurde von ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎10T20:25:40.753211200Z auf ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎11T01:00:13.500000000Z geändert.
    Power Troubleshooter
    Das System wurde aus dem Energiesparmodus reaktiviert.

Zeit im Energiesparmodus: ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎10T20:25:34.536855700Z
    Reaktivierungszeit: ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎11T01:00:14.550060100Z

Reaktivierungsquelle: Zeitgeber - svchost.exe

This happens about 20 seconds after the systemn reports it's in Standby

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...According to the logs, all is fine and the recording is stopped at the right time (5 minute post record). However, when playing the file, it only contains the first 3-4 minutes (small file size, like the recording was stopped early). ...
    As you already noticed, the logs (as far as concerning PS++) are looking fine. I am no tv recording expert, so I cannot say anything about the recording being correct or not. It would be interesting to see the difference between the tv log with and without PS++ (both with the DVB-t card).

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kernal general
    Die Systemzeit wurde von ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎10T20:25:40.753211200Z auf ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎11T01:00:13.500000000Z geändert.
    Power Troubleshooter
    Das System wurde aus dem Energiesparmodus reaktiviert.

Zeit im Energiesparmodus: ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎10T20:25:34.536855700Z
    Reaktivierungszeit: ‎2012‎-‎10‎-‎11T01:00:14.550060100Z

Reaktivierungsquelle: Zeitgeber - svchost.exe
    It seems that there is a bigger problem with your system: First the system time gets changed from 20:25 to 01:00 which is quite a big difference. Does this happen every time your system wakes up?
    Second you should check why svchost.exe (really a service or something imitating a service?) is configured to be started on each wakeup in your task planner.

Michael

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Very strange behaviour ...
    From the PS++ logs provided I cannot tell why your system wakes up; you have to look into the system event log in which the reason for every wakeup / resume is logged. Or you call "powercfg /lastwake" after the unexpected wakeup.

Michael[DOUBLEPOST=1349974424][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have a couple of questions...
    Please provide system info (software versions, single-seat / remote client, MP configuration ...), then describe your problem(s) one by one and send full logs for each situation. See on first post how to create logs.

Michael

Hi Michael I resolved most of the above issues however every morning at 05:44 the server wakes up - this is an entry from the log and it says that it is the tvservice.exe that is waking it. However under powerschedule++ plug in options this is never listed as the next wakeup time.

Unsure why this keeps waking the system? IT in turn then wakes up the clients as well at exactly the same time however in their logs it says unknown when I go in last wake.

Any ideas?

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Unsure why this keeps waking the system?
    Please send logs

Michael

Hi Michael

Logs as requested... there are 2 clients attached to the server side. Checked the other client and both have resumed from sleep at exactly the same time this morning with reason "unknown" so seems whatever is causing the downstairs to wake up (tvservice in wake timers) it is causing the clients to wake up at the same time everymorning. 05:44am.

I have only had sleep setup properly the last 3/4 days so only those dates may be relevant.

The first logs are for the server side the 2nd logs are for the client side, the clients never wake normally apart from when the dowstairs is upto whatever. However the issue may be the same?[DOUBLEPOST=1350128584][/DOUBLEPOST] the client logs posted is the older of the two clients, another client was set up the other day. Both doing exactly the same.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs as requested...
    Thank you.
    • Your server woke up correctly on the morning of the 12th October because of the scheduled reboot (reboot every friday at 05:45). It also woke up for reboot on the 13th October which is not correct. There is obviously a bug in the code calculating the weekdays for EPG and reboot. I will check this.
    • I also noticed that you are using PS++ 1.2.3.3 on the server and 1.2.3.4 on the client. You should fix this occasionally.
    • I cannot tell why your client(s) woke up at the same time as the server because the client logs were not made with "Debug" log level. Please enable "Debug" log level for the clients and resend logs if they wake up again unintentionally.
    Michael

PS: Delete your old TvWriter logs before sending logs, this will make the logfiles much smaller

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Logs as requested...
    Thank you.
    • Your server woke up correctly on the morning of the 12th October because of the scheduled reboot (reboot every friday at 05:45). It also woke up for reboot on the 13th October which is not correct. There is obviously a bug in the code calculating the weekdays for EPG and reboot. I will check this.
    • I also noticed that you are using PS++ 1.2.3.3 on the server and 1.2.3.4 on the client. You should fix this occasionally.
    • I cannot tell why your client(s) woke up at the same time as the server because the client logs were not made with "Debug" log level. Please enable "Debug" log level for the clients and resend logs if they wake up again unintentionally.
    Michael

PS: Delete your old TvWriter logs before sending logs, this will make the logfiles much smaller

Hi Michael

I have just checked the server and I updated it the other day to the latest version of PS++. So its only been on that the last few days though maybe the logs show the older version? On the client I selected "export all current present logs" when I created the logs originally. WHen you say select debug log level do you mean "report a bug to team mediaportal" option? If so I have created them again and find it attached. This is for the client.

When you say its a bug between epg and reboot do you think this will be a temp fix if I disable wake it up for epg collecting? I deselected that this morning when I noticed it had woke at server level.

Anyway hope the client logs are more forthcoming with reasons as to wy the client/s woke up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom