PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Mediaportal supports different levels of logging/debugging.

To adjust the level, load the configuration tool and change the logging level from "info" to "debug"

J.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Mediaportal supports different levels of logging/debugging.

To adjust the level, load the configuration tool and change the logging level from "info" to "debug"

J.

Gone into media portal configuration and can't find anything for that?

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Ok so I have checked wake timers before bed on the server. Scheduled reboot at 0544 despite it only being set for Friday morning. So I have unticked it so no schedule reboot then it disappears from the wake timers in powercfg wake timers command.

I have done this server side and on one of the clients so I expect the remaining client to wake as it has been doing all week, an issue there with the reboot option in the plugin.

Another issue I am having is the server is asleep and I switch a client on, it says TV service lost specify IP address. Basically the server is not waking up when the client is on and I press TV or movies. I get a message "some ports seem to be blocked: 31455 remote control & 3306 my SQL server check firewall"

So the clients are not waking the server. This appeared to work ok the other day. Tried various different things turning the firewalls off on both the computers and the router. No idea what's causing me all these issues. WOL is turned on and ok as was fine the other day.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you say its a bug between epg and reboot do you think this will be a temp fix if I disable wake it up for epg collecting?
    What I meant is that the code for calculating the next wakeup time is buggy both for EPG and reboot. But this bug only counts if you shut down your system after midnight of a day the EPG or reboot is scheduled (e.g. reboot is scheduled for friday and you go to standby after friday midnight). So no real need to do anything; I will provide a bugfix as soon as possible.

Michael

Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Ok so I have checked wake timers before bed on the server. Scheduled reboot at 0544 despite it only being set for Friday morning. So I have unticked it so no schedule reboot then it disappears from the wake timers in powercfg wake timers command.

I have done this server side and on one of the clients so I expect the remaining client to wake as it has been doing all week, an issue there with the reboot option in the plugin.

Another issue I am having is the server is asleep and I switch a client on, it says TV service lost specify IP address. Basically the server is not waking up when the client is on and I press TV or movies. I get a message "some ports seem to be blocked: 31455 remote control & 3306 my SQL server check firewall"

So the clients are not waking the server. This appeared to work ok the other day. Tried various different things turning the firewalls off on both the computers and the router. No idea what's causing me all these issues. WOL is turned on and ok as was fine the other day.

What do u think to this? The client did not reboot that had it turned off but the one that was still scheduled with a reboot did reboot this morning despite a reboot booked for Friday am.

No idea why the clients will not wake up the server.

Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I have attached the logs from the client from when I enabled the correct method of logging, not sure if you can see why or if a magic packet was sent or not to the server. Also attached are the server logs is it possible to see why it didnt wake up, I tried many times to wake it on the client and in the end had to keep coming back downstairs to wake it up by pressing the power button so not sure whats up with it. First one (MediaPortalLogs_14_10_12__13_05.zip) is the server logs and 2nd one (MediaPortalLogs_14_10_12__13_13.zip) is the client.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No idea why the clients will not wake up the server.
    WOL has nothing to do with PS++, so the logs won't help. You have to debug your network (e.g. with a WOL tool and wireshark).

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new version 1.2.3.5 is coming out in the next days. It will fix the bug with the (sometimes) wrong calculation of EPG grabbing and reboot wakeup times and provide a more robust master volume setting code.
    Points on the wishlist will not be implemented in this version, because it is a stable version. I want to collect new features and implement them in a new test version of PS++. The wishlist looks like this at the moment:
    • Restart tvservice on resume from standby (very complicated to implement - not very likely to come)
    • Option for syncronous / asynchronous execution of external commands (easy to implement, but might have side effects)
    • "Shutdown"(S5) as additional standby mode (easy to implement, might have side effects)
    • Server does not go to standby as long as some other PCs (not necessarily MP clients) are still active (could be implemented, but has nothing to do with MP)
    • Configurable pre-wakeup time (easy to re-implement)
    Comments on the wishlist or wishes for additional features are welcome.

Michael

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom