PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (2 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I am still having issues with my Server/Singleseat not honouring the idle timeout period.

I have PS++ to manage suspend/shutdown (windows power management is "disabled").

I can watch something, and when it finished the system suspends before the idle timeout period.

I have attached my logs...let me know if you want other logs.

The issue happened 14/10/12 at 21:11 when it went into standby... I woke the HTPC a few minutes later.

J.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have attached my logs...let me know if you want other logs.
    Could you please activate "Debug" log mode in the MP client configuration and restart the tvservice before reproducing the error. From the logs provided (Log mode "info") I cannot see enough.

Michael

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    hi there,

Oops...thought I was in debug mode (quite ironic as I told another user how to do it) lol

I will post new logs later.

J.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    No idea why the clients will not wake up the server.
    WOL has nothing to do with PS++, so the logs won't help. You have to debug your network (e.g. with a WOL tool and wireshark).

Michael

Hi Michael.

I checked the network with a WOL tool for all the clients & the server, all woke up as needed everytime I tried with the WOL tool. THe problem lies within MP or the powerscheduler++ plugin. I noticed that when the clients resume from sleep they do not seem to send the signal to the server to wake up.

So I tried uninstalling the plugin on both server and clients, then installed the server side first, followed by the client side. Then I rebooted and then they worked and woke the server up. However after trying it again a few more times I get the dreaded message "could not connect to tv service" and sometimes MP will then lock up and I then have to ctrl alt & delete. Reopening MP though will then wake the server so there is something not happening when the client resumes from sleep that happens when I restart MP. Could this be a plugin issue with Powerscheduler++ given that it is happening to both clients??? Everytime the WOL tool was used on both my laptop on phone the server would wake instantly as it should do, only MP would not wake it.

I have now set the option within MP config to restart MP when resuming from sleep and so far this is working everytime. However not sure why have to have this option enabled though.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have now set the option within MP config to restart MP when resuming from sleep and so far this is working everytime. However not sure why have to have this option enabled though.
    WOL is handled by the client's TvPlugin, not by PS(++). The TvPlugin is sending a WOL message to the server when it is started (i.e. when the MP client ist started). It will not send WOL on resume from standby. This is the reason why your configuration only works if you have configured MP restart when resuming.

Michael

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Following on from Micheael's post....

You will either have to configure PS++ to run an external command (WOL) on resume, or configure Windows itself to run an external command on resume...

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Please find attached my log file (in Debug) of when the singleseat does not honour the idle timeout set in PS

Stopped watching at 18/10/12 @ 16:11
    It went to sleep at 16:13
    I woke it 16:25

EDIT: Hopefully it is fixed.... old DLL floating about. I fully uninstalled PS++, cleaned the MPEI cache...redownloaded and reinstalled... all the DLLs are now the same date. I will do some testing and if I still have an issue I will report back.

Cheers,

J.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael, i have a quest. For example. TvWish makes shedules for series or movies. I have set in PowerSheduler, that he should start the htpc on Wednesday to make a restart, and after this he waits for 5 min and go to s4... Now my quest,What happens if just a record runs at this time how should your plugin restart my htpc ? Did he noted it and stopped his work, wait until the recording is to end. or restart my htpc ?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I think this has been asked before.... the recording takes priority...such that it should not reboot during the recording... ??

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom