PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (6 Viewers)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    As you already noticed, the logs (as far as concerning PS++) are looking fine. I am no tv recording expert, so I cannot say anything about the recording being correct or not. It would be interesting to see the difference between the tv log with and without PS++ (both with the DVB-t card).

Michael

Hi Michael, as an experiment I changed the BIOS sleep mode from S3 to S1 and this seems to have resolved the issue. Other articles seem to suggest the Terratec Cinergy 2400iDT should be S3 compatible but perhaps in my case not fully...

JPJPS

October 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I just started trying PS++ today after having some intermittent crashes with the regular PS. The first thing I've noticed with PS++ is that it isn't waking up my machine from sleep. I'm running a single seat installation on XP SP3. Here is a snippet from TV.log:

Code:
    2012-10-25 12:23:50.046875 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: StandbyWakeupThread triggered by check interval
    2012-10-25 12:23:50.062500 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: LoadSettings()
    2012-10-25 12:23:50.078125 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: SetWakeupTimer()
    2012-10-25 12:23:50.078125 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Wakeup not enabled

And in fact, the machine DOESN'T wake up for the next scheduled program. I tried searching the docs, this thread and looking at the config screens but wasn't able to find this one. Am I missing something obvious?

(The one other thing I looked for and couldn't find was the polling interval. Regular PowerScheduler had a config screen where I could specify the polling interval, the log level, and the could specify the number of seconds prior to the next recording when the system should wake up. I wasn't able to find anything like this on the PS++ Expert mode config:

PS-Config.bmp

Note that I don't generally have PS and PS++ both enabled! Just re-enabled PS to grab this screenshot.

Is it possible to adjust the PS++ polling interval (assuming I solve the bigger problem of getting wakup to work!).

Thanks for building this. Looks like an active and helpful community on this thread.

--jp

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why do you want to adjust the check interval? Your problems come from a bad configuration (e.g. wakeup is disabled at all). Activate Plug&play mode in PS++ config tool to start with a stable and consistent configuration.You find the PS++ wiki here.

Michael

Last edited:

JPJPS

October 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the fast reply. Good suggestion to just start with the basics.

I switched to PnP mode and set my machine to "Notebook"
    I rebooted and observed my machine go to sleep. Then I watched it NOT wake up at the next scheduled recording time. I searched this thread again to find out if anyone else had this problem and then went back and reread the wiki to discover that Notebook doesn't do scheduled wakeup! I've now got it set to HTPC, so we will see how that works.

I guess the one thing that confuses me is that "Expert Mode" doesn't seem to have an option to [en/dis]able scheduled wakeup. My guess is that when I first installed I set the PnP mode to Notebook and then switched to expert mode but the disabled schedule wakeup was "stuck" even though I was in expert mode.

Anyhow, thanks for the help!
    --jp

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I switched to PnP mode and set my machine to "Notebook"
    That's the point: The "notebook" profile does not perform automatic wakeup, because this makes no sense for a mobile system (Imagine your notebook waking up automatically while you carry it around in your suitcase - does not make much sense). If you want to make recordings with your notebook, you should select the "desktop" profile.

Michael

Last edited:

JPJPS

October 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes, I understand it now and it's been nicely powering up and down over the last day since I switched it to HTPC.

However, the point I was trying to make is that Expert mode doesn't seem to have a configuration that controls whether the Wakeup Timer will be set or not. To me, it appears that when you go into Expert mode it seems to "inherit" the Wakeup Timer settings from the whatever the last PnP mode was.

This wasn't intuitive to me and was why I originally struggled so much.

Anyhow, it DOES seem to be working now...much more robustly than the original PS plugin which would periodically cause my TVServer process to crash.

Thanks!
    --jp

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I configured the plugin in plug&play mode, profile htpc
    While playing music for 5 minutes - music and screen is turned off. if i press any button on the remote all continues. Watching tv, recordings, video works without that problem.
    I (think :)) id did not change anything in windows ernergy configuration. And i thought ps++ makes all necessary configs there.
    ps++ in the tv.log even says system busy... The plugin in tvsetup also shows "standby prevented by: client plugin (media playing)".
    what could i do?

Attachments

• MP.zip
      1.3 KB
    • tv.zip
      7.6 KB
    Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should send logs of the situation, otherwise I have no chance of finding out what was wrong.

Michael

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That were the logs of these situation.
    I deleted the logs before i started playing music and send the logs after the point the music stops playing.
    Shell i do anything else?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That were the logs of these situation.
    Sorry, I did not see them. But could you do me a favour and configure the MP client log level to "Debug", make a restart of the tvservice (or reboot your system), then reproduce the situation and send me the uncut log files?

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom