PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (2 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I only just updated to the latest version of the plugin (running on MP 1.3a) and have found the PC no longer enters standby. This was always working fine until now. The plugin is configured to automatically set suitable windows power options and windows does have a time to enter standby.
    power.png
    The logs just show the same thing over and over again that its ok to enter standby, but then aborts because windows is configured to control standby.

Obviously, windows never sleeps the machine either.. I've left it a few days now, and its awake all night when just sitting on the MePo basic home page with nothing happening.

Any ideas?

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i use this plugin now for a few weeks and had already the problem that it sometimes does not wake the system for epg grabbing...

my system is configured to wake up for epg grabbing daily on 07:01 in the morning... this normally works, but now i think i found the case when it does not work:

my system did boot on 2012-11-17 19:48 and tvservice was started, next epg wakeup was 2012-11-18 07:00... from this time until 2012-11-18 07:01:07.090206 the system did not go to standby or shutdown, it was never idle... starting from this timestamp i starts to set a wrong wakeup timer...

i have attached a log file

look at this timestamps:
    Code:
    2012-11-18 07:00:51.966289 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Set wakeup timer to wakeup system at 18.11.2012 07:01:51
    <-- the epg wakeup is still set to correct time (this day)

and
    Code:
    2012-11-18 07:01:07.090206 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Set wakeup timer to wakeup system at 19.11.2012 21:00:00
    <--should be 19.11.2012 07:00:00

...if i restart tvservice the wakeup timer is set correctly afterwards...

hope this will help to find this little bug..

but still a great plugin, should really be integrated into normal tvserver setup :)

Attachments

• tv.zip
      841 KB
    Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... from this time until 2012-11-18 07:01:07.090206 the system did not go to standby or shutdown, it was never idle...
    The server was busy because the client was playing media and then the server was recording until the early morning. Then Windows should send the system to sleep mode, but this did not happen. To troubleshoot this look at the PS++ wiki (Troubleshooting).
    starting from this timestamp i starts to set a wrong wakeup timer...
    Please restart the tvservice or reboot your system (which will restart the tvservice) and then provide logs of the situation, if it still occurs. From the logs provided I cannot see your configuration, so everything is possible...

Michael

Last edited:

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    the problem i describe is not about the system not going to sleep, my system goes to sleep like is want it, an powerscheduler++ works great in this aspect, and we do not have to debug anything with this... the problem is:

- powerscheduler++ sometimes seems to calculate a wrong wakeup timer, in detail it seems like it does not check the "wake for epg-grabbing" setting for calculating the next wakup-timer, but this wrong calculated wakeup timer only occurs in cases like i described in my previous post...

...i hope this helps... btw. is the source of this plugin viewable somewhere on the net, because then i could try to have a look for myself...

...if attached my tv.log file directly after a restart of the tvservice

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, following the wiki I am seeing this which I believe is keeping the system awake all of a sudden. I know its not a problem of ps++ but if anyone has any idea how I can track down what this actually is it would be much appreciated.

Code:
    SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Thanks

-------------
    EDIT: Actually, I just started disabling things in the device manager one by one and nothing made it go away. As soon as I stopped TVService though, it disapeared.. SO maybe TVService is preventing sleep..

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found the bug that led to your problem. The faulty calculation of the next EPG grabbing time / next reboot time happens only on special conditions, but I will correct it with the next version. Thank you for reporting this.

Michael

stixi

Portal Member
    November 11, 2007
    can someone send me the version 1.2.3.3 (i think this version was ok for me...)
    because i have a lot of failures with the new one...

installed plugins:
    xbmc-server
    tv-movie
    and TV wishlist...

Code:
    2012-11-20 16:03:14.943653 [TVService(6)]: TvService OnStart failed : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.
      bei System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
      bei TvService.TvServiceThread.OnStart()
    2012-11-20 16:03:15.007656 [scheduler thread(11)]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:192.168.2.122
    2012-11-20 16:03:19.341904 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.CheckDisconnectedOrCreateWellKnownObject(IMessage msg)
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      bei TvControl.IController.CardPresent(Int32 cardId)
      bei SetupTv.Sections.RadioCombinations.OnSectionActivated()
      bei SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

2012-11-20 16:03:21.094005 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.CheckDisconnectedOrCreateWellKnownObject(IMessage msg)
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)

bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      bei TvControl.IController.CardPresent(Int32 cardId)
      bei SetupTv.Sections.RadioChannelMapping.OnSectionActivated()

2012-11-20 16:03:22.130064 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

bei TvControl.IController.Type(Int32 cardId)
      bei SetupTv.Sections.RadioChannels.RefreshAllChannels()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.RadioChannels.RefreshAll()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.RadioChannels.OnSectionActivated()

2012-11-20 16:03:24.586204 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

bei TvControl.IController.Type(Int32 cardId)
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.RefreshAllChannels()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.RefreshAll()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.OnSectionActivated()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.tabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
      bei System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.ControlCollection.Remove(Control value)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Clear()
      bei System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.RemoveAll()
      bei System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.TabPageCollection.Clear()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.RefreshTabs()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.RefreshAll()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.OnSectionActivated()

2012-11-20 16:03:25.222241 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

bei TvControl.IController.OnNewSchedule()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.OnSectionDeActivated()

2012-11-20 16:03:38.175982 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvCards.ReOrder()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvCards.UpdateList()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.TvCards.OnSectionActivated()

2012-11-20 16:03:40.495114 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

bei TvControl.IController.SignalLevel(Int32 cardId)
      bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.UpdateStatus()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.OnSectionActivated()

2012-11-20 16:03:41.209155 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

bei TvControl.IController.SignalLevel(Int32 cardId)
      bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.UpdateStatus()
      bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.OnSectionActivated()

2012-11-20 16:04:15.708128 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

2012-11-20 16:04:17.960257 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

2012-11-20 16:04:19.086321 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

bei SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

2012-11-20 16:04:20.852422 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

2012-11-20 16:04:21.378453 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Das Objekt "/TvControl" wurde getrennt oder ist nicht auf dem Server vorhanden.

Server stack trace:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can someone send me the version 1.2.3.3 (i think this version was ok for me...)
    Why do you think that PS++ is the reason for your faults? The logs show nothing about PS++ but indicate that your tv configuration is broken. Maybe you should reinstall the MP tvservice.

Michael

stixi

Portal Member
    November 11, 2007
    when i deactivate it... than i have no failures... i will test an re-install next time...
    but i think it is an other problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom