PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (7 Viewers)

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
And thank you for a very useful plugin. I have been using this a long time but now suddenly on 1.3.0 Beta it will not put my machine to sleep.
I have checked the option "Only allow standby...". That setting worked on the previous versions. Any clue?

Thanks

P.S. Installed on a MP client to put my living room HTPC to sleep when in home window...

Attachments

• PS1.jpg
    PS1.jpg
    57.6 KB
  • PS2.jpg
    PS2.jpg
    43.3 KB
  • PS3.jpg
    PS3.jpg
    54.2 KB
Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Please check this list:
Since there is no current test version available, you should select stable versions only in the MP Extension Installer. Then you will be shown the 1.2.3.6 version as the latest version. The numbering scheme of the alpha and beta versions suggests that they are newer than the current stable version, which is not the case - they are all outdated.

Michael

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have checked the option "Only allow standby...". That setting worked on the previous versions. Any clue?
Please send me logs of the situation when the client not going to sleep though it should. See on first post how to create logs.

Michael

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please check this list:
    Since there is no current test version available, you should select stable versions only in the MP Extension Installer. Then you will be shown the 1.2.3.6 version as the latest version. The numbering scheme of the alpha and beta versions suggests that they are newer than the current stable version, which is not the case - they are all outdated.

Michael

Michael, if they sugest that they are newer, the update plugin function will try to update the stable version to the newer (read: outdated) version(s). I think it would be wise to do something about it. Giving 1.2.3.6 a makeover to 2.0 or something.
    And i'm wondering why this great updated plugin as substitute for powerscheduler is not included in MP?

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Please send me logs of the situation when the client not going to sleep though it should. See on first post how to create logs.

Michael

While doing all the steps creating log files the PC suddenly went to sleep :) Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your reply!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Michael, if they sugest that they are newer, the update plugin function will try to update the stable version to the newer (read: outdated) version(s). I think it would be wise to do something about it. Giving 1.2.3.6 a makeover to 2.0 or something.
    And i'm wondering why this great updated plugin as substitute for powerscheduler is not included in MP?
    I will renumber the next version of PS++ to 1.3.0.x when the MP version 1.3.0 is released. We are just discussing in the development team to integrate PS++ into the next version of MP (1.4).

Michael

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Since the S5 support already existed in 1.2.2.1, why not continue to make it available? Of course, I also understand that the loss of support for this feature in 1.3.0 results from a redesign of other modules in MP, which is why I asked where I should post this request. I would like to at least raise a flag before 1.3.0 goes into beta.
    The incompatibility of S5 sleep mode has always been there, it is no "feature" of MP 1.3. In former versions of PS++ I violated MP interface definitions to allow "shutdown" sleep mode (and it worked well in most cases...). You could ask the MP developers team to modify the respective enumeration in the IPowerSettings interface, but that would mean that each implementation of the interface must then support the "shutdown" sleep mode. The other idea would be to extend the interface definition, which I could do on my own, since I provide my own PowerSchedulerInterfaces library with PS++. I will think about it when I am home again.

Michael
    Did you ever get a chance to think about this? It seems to be my only hope, and it is the main thing holding me back from trying MP 1.3.0.
    Since the latest PS++ doesn't have a shutdown option, I tried letting Windows 7 handle this with an OnIdle task, but Windoze thinks my system is idle when I am:
    • playing music
    • running a TV channel test
    just to name a couple of examples of when it shut the system down unexpectedly. :-{
    To add insult to injury, Windows displays a nice little warning dialog saying that "Windows will shut down in less than a minute", but nothing I do prevents it.
    Hi Michael,
    It's probably bad form to quote myself (again!), but I can't resist ;-). I have installed 1.2.2.1 (manually, as MPEI didn't show it with the "stable" filter enabled; even though Wouter's screenshot shows it as stable, MPEI only offered me 1.2.3.5 and 1.2.3.6). With the "force" option set and the Windows scheduled task to shutdown on idle disabled, shutdown works just as I would expect/like. Unfortunately, my HTPC doesn't wake up (from S5) for recording (logs attached). I have confirmed by experiment that the system can wake from RTC at a particular time by setting it myself in BIOS. Does PS++ use this mechanism or something else?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately, my HTPC doesn't wake up (from S5) for recording (logs attached). I have confirmed by experiment that the system can wake from RTC at a particular time by setting it myself in BIOS. Does PS++ use this mechanism or something else?
    PS++ uses the only mechanism I know for waking up a suspended system: the Waitable Timer Object. Maybe it is also possible to directly access the bios RTC, but this code would be hardware dependent. So you should not expect a PC to wakeup from S5 without human action.

Michael

Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    PS++ uses the only mechanism I know for waking up a suspended system: the Waitable Timer Object. Maybe it is also possible to directly access the bios RTC, but this code would be hardware dependent. So you should not expect a PC to wakeup from S5 without human action.
    Michael
    My system seems to provide this function, even from S5, because it woke up (without human interaction) at 4:00 this morning for EPG grabbing (logs attached). Any idea why it would wake for EPG, but not for recording?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom