PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
PowerScheduler seems to cause TV server to not startup. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Logs included.

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Can you be more specific please, what could be wrong with configuration?

Error clearly shows PS and now I disabled it manually from database and server starts, so something is clearly wrong with PS (but I agree something is probably wrong with my PS-related configuration).

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can you be more specific please, what could be wrong with configuration?

Error clearly shows PS and now I disabled it manually from database and server starts, so something is clearly wrong with PS (but I agree something is probably wrong with my PS-related configuration).
Have a look at the TVServer.error.log. There you see lots of messages that client server config is not supported (I have not seen
this before and cannot tell you where it comes from...) and therefore the TV service is stopped. The PS error messages come later when the tv service is already being stopped...

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here are logs of service starting and stopping. Same configuration, just with PS disabled.
Thank you for the logs. Comparing the logs shows that the first log shows problems with the TVController and the second log does not. In the first log the error appears in line 12 (initialization of the TVController) - long time before the plugins (and thus PS++) are loaded. Therefore I am quite sure that disabling PS++ alone could not have cured your system. But from the logs I cannot tell you what is wrong... To get qualified help, I would recommend you to post your problem in the MP 1.6 Bug Reports forum.

Michael

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
OK re-enabled powerscheduler and it works. I have no idea what was wrong, but it got fixed now.

Sorry for blaming your plugin and thanks anyway.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I noticed about a week ago that the network monitor was being ignored. A litte googling of text in the error log led to an answer.
Run an admin command prompt, and type in "lodctr /R" and reboot once it's done. It resets the performance counters, I don't know what they are or what they do or even if it is safe to do this, but it worked for me.

My brother's told me his PC, set to sleep after 1 hour, was going to sleep after a few minutes if he paused a movie he was watching on his Raspberry Pi, even though PS was set to monitor the network, so I'll try your suggestions thanks and hopefully that will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom