PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

wawa79

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Niort
Home Country
France France
What feedback do you expect? Obviously your system sees permanent user input, but how should I know where it comes from? This is something you have to investigate yourself by deactivating / unplugging all hardware step by step that could be the cause of the user input (mouse, usb devices, keyboard, remote, ...).

Michael

Ok! I will troubleshoot that input problem when I have time left.
Thank you for your reactivity in replying to my issue! I will keep you posted of the result.

Last edited:

wawa79

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Niort
Home Country
France France
What feedback do you expect? Obviously your system sees permanent user input, but how should I know where it comes from? This is something you have to investigate yourself by deactivating / unplugging all hardware step by step that could be the cause of the user input (mouse, usb devices, keyboard, remote, ...).

Michael
Here we are: I identified 2 USB devices causing "user input":
- the first was the mouse which original Logitech's driver was replaced by generic driver of Windows 7. The HID part of the device was causing some "user input"
- the second was my USB SPDIF interface. It shows 2 distincts items in Device Manager : one is a sound output device (as anyone would expect) and the other is a HID compliant device. No idea what this HID device is intended for. Once disabled, MP no longer received "user input".

I am happy this issue is solved. My conclusion is that some generic HID USB devices are reporting data flow as user input, which not the case. Really surprised this is not handled properly in Windows yet!

Thank you again for the support.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As per the latest announcement: "with MediaPortal 1.5 we've integrated the PowerScheduler++ functionality into MediaPortal."
    I installed 1.5 pre-release and I see the PowerScheduler++ plugin is there, it can be activated or deactivated as before. What is so special about "integration" and what does it mean in case of MediaPortal 1.5?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PS++ is named PS in MP 1.5.0 (Pre-Release). You should not install any MPEI package by yourself (which won't be possible with MP 1.5.0 Final to avoid confusion).

Should look like this in Config:
    1.jpg

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do you come to the idea that they are related to PowerScheduler? They are there since years now and my own tests (I also suffered from them) made clear that they do not disappear when you disable PowerScheduler. They seem to increase (or become worse) the longer the system was in sleep mode before waking it up, so I configured my system to reboot every morning at 3 o'clock and now my wife is happy...

Michael

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since a view Weeks i have a problem, when my system goes to standby (s3). Between Shutdown and completle off, my htpc hangs up. When i shut on the monitor i have only a blackscreen and no reaction from htpc. I can only shutdown it with the Power Button on Case. This is happend everyday i go to sleep and my htpc is recording something. After this he should go to sleep and hangs up in the process. In the protocol you can see there is nothing, normaly there stand the time and kernel power info, when he go to sleep mode correctly. After update to 1.5.0 it works great but now i have nothing changed i have this problem. When i shutdown the htpc with the remote all works fine wakeup to, only when PS shutdown the htpc after the idle time my htpc is crashing and hang up. I hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• Protokoll.xml
      10.6 MB

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm i thonk i have found the problem. I have installed mpextended and wifi remote. After this i have this issues.now i have deinstalled this to plugin and now he goes to s3 how it should.

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @all

i am running into strange problem while updating my multiseat enviroment (Win 7, MePo 1.5.0 on all clients and Server).
    I posted that issue in a standard thread without any answers. Therefore, i will try here to get a little bit help.

After struggling around, the TV Server will go into standby mode, if the client(s) are closed. It gets waked up by the clients and for scheduled records. This is exactly what i want and what i know from MePo 1.2 ... BUT .... :(

The TV Server is only alive if the client(s) are streaming anything. Live TV or recordings.
    If i watch photos for example (they are located on the local client or on a NAS), the TV Server puts into standby mode too after a while ... :(
    This i dont know from 1.2.0.
    If a client was connected in any case (watching photos or playing sudoku), the TV Server (1.2.0) never puts into standby as long as the client was alive. It doesnt matter what the client is doing. The TV Server was up and running.

Is there a way to get the same functionality in MePo 1.5.0 too? I hope so, because its not a good thing to restart the client after 30 minutes watching photo, listening sounds from the NAS or playing sudoku.

Can anyone help, please? I will provide screenshots and more, if needed.

Thanks alot in advance

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom