PowerScheduler++ test versions (1 Viewer)

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi,

I have made a new test version of MP that should log the error more verbosely. It would be nice if you try it out and send me the logs. Maybe they tell me more...

Here's a new set of logs. The test and the result is the same as above.

From error.log:
Code:
2011-02-22 09:06:02.967761 [Powerscheduler Timer(20)]: Powerscheduler: Exception in OnTimerElapsed(): Tråden kunde inte startas.

Could that ('Tråden kunde inte startas'~='Thread couldn't be started') have anything to do with it?

//Johannes

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi Johannes,
Could that ('Tråden kunde inte startas'~='Thread couldn't be started') have anything to do with it?
I do not think so, because it happens some time after the error. I think it is only an effect.

I tried to reproduce the error here with a freshly installed MP 1.1.2, but again everything is working fine:confused:

I made another test version of PS++ that calls SendKeys.SendWait not only when trying to exit away mode but on every active suspend. So you do not have to wait for a recording to end, but only for the system to be suspended by PS++ because of being idle some time. So we can also check if the error occurs only in away mode or always.

Michael

Attachments

• PowerScheduler++ 1.2.0.10b.mpe1
    113.4 KB

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi,

I made another test version of PS++ that calls SendKeys.SendWait not only when trying to exit away mode but on every active suspend. So you do not have to wait for a recording to end, but only for the system to be suspended by PS++ because of being idle some time. So we can also check if the error occurs only in away mode or always.

OK, this time I simply started MP, did nothing and just let it sit on the homescreen waiting for the idle timer to timeout and go to sleep. The result? No sleep and a hung MP using ~50% CPU. Iow, the same result as when trying to exit away mode. The logs are attached as usual.

//Johannes

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi,

My brother has got an almost identical system, I'll see if I can get him to try ps++.

My brother has now done the same tests as I, and unfortunately he sees exactly the same behaviour. The main differences regarding our setups is that he's using 1.1.2 (release) and a ATI graphics card.

//Johannes

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

My brother has now done the same tests as I, and unfortunately he sees exactly the same behaviour.
I have an idea that the different behavoiur of my system and your systems might depend on the different keyboard layout (german vs. swedish keyboard). Anyway, your systems hang while processing the SendKeys.SendWait() call. Thus I made a new version of PS++ that emulates a mouse move instead of a key press in order to exit away mode. For me it is working well;)
Please try it out and give me a feedback. Thank you.

Michael

Attachments

• PowerScheduler++ 1.2.0.10c.mpe1
    113.6 KB

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi romadd,
    ... I'm using the functionality "Run this command before standby / after wakeup" to launch a .bat command because a faulty tvcard driver needs to be disabled on standby/shutdown and enabled on wakeup/boot .
    But with standby mode set to shutdown the command isn't called neither on shutdown nor on boot. ...
    PowerScheduler triggers the external command by the SUSPEND and RESUMEAUTOMATIC / RESUMECRITICAL power events. The advantage of this solution is, that the command is triggered on each suspend / wakeup, not only when caused by PS. But since there are no power events for shutdown or boot, the command cannot be triggered in these situations.
    Michael

OK, thanks

romadd

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Michael,

Thus I made a new version of PS++ that emulates a mouse move instead of a key press in order to exit away mode. For me it is working well;)

I have now tried the previous tests as well as e.g. going to away mode after starting recording directly from live TV. It's with great pleasure I say that it seems to be working fine in all cases! I'll now do some more tests involving the client as well.

//Johannes

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

It's with great pleasure I say that it seems to be working fine in all cases! I'll now do some more tests involving the client as well.
    Hi Johannes,
    Thank you very much for testing! :D:D:D
    I am very very happy that it finally works for you! If you give me a positive feedback after the last tests, I will issue a new version with the fixes.

Michael

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi there.

I have just moved from a single-seat setup to a separate client server configuration.

I have always used Multishortcut to run PowerDVD from within MP for watching blueray discs and have had no problem with system standby on the single-seat setup. This was because of the option to add the list of processes to the TV server powerscheduler settings to stop the system sleeping.

However, now in my single-seat setup I can not find a method of stopping the client from going into standby when I am watching blueray discs. Does anyone know how to work around this to stop the client going into standby? Ultimately, is it possible to add a "do not sleep if the following processes are running" to the client plugin to stop this problem?

Thanks

Rob

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Michael,

Thank you very much for testing! :D:D:D

It is I who should be thanking you, you're the one doing the hard work!

I am very very happy that it finally works for you! If you give me a positive feedback after the last tests, I will issue a new version with the fixes.

I've done five tests with the client (logs are of course available if needed... :)).

1. Server on home screen, client on home screen. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends
    2. Server on home screen, live TV on client. Pressing power button on server -> Server goes to away mode
    3. Server on home screen, epg view on client. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends
    4. Server on home screen, watching a recorded show on the client. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends
    5. Server on home screen, watching a movie in MoPi on the client. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends

In my opinion away mode should (optionally) be used as soon as a client is active. Case 4 and 5 could in some cases be circumvented by using the network monitor (if the files are stored on the server), but imho that would be a workaround as well as preventing suspend for other (perhaps unwanted) reasons.

Apart from this the basics (server suspends and wakes up for events, server stays up as long as the client is up) seem to work just as fine as before, so I see no regression.

//Johannes

However, now in my single-seat setup I can not find a method of stopping the client from going into standby when I am watching blueray discs. Does anyone know how to work around this to stop the client going into standby?

I don't use Multishortcut myself, and it would indeed be just a work around, but if you set suspend to be allowed only on home screen and add your shortcut to a submenu (plugins, perhaps) it would probably stay awake?

//Johannes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom