PowerScheduler++ test versions (4 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi there,

So you are saying that the TV Server suspend does not honour whether the remote client is on the homescreen or not? (assuming you have "only allow standby on home screen" enabled)

J.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Hi Johannes,

1. Server on home screen, client on home screen. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends
    2. Server on home screen, live TV on client. Pressing power button on server -> Server goes to away mode
    3. Server on home screen, epg view on client. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends
    4. Server on home screen, watching a recorded show on the client. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends
    5. Server on home screen, watching a movie in MoPi on the client. Pressing power button on server -> Server suspends

In my opinion away mode should (optionally) be used as soon as a client is active.
    You are absolutely right, the server must not suspend as long as a remote client needs it. I will add "away mode required" to the client activity detection. I do not even think it should be configurable, because I cannot imagine a situation that one wants to suspend a server while it is serving a client.

Michael

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

Originally Posted by robbo100
    However, now in my single-seat setup I can not find a method of stopping the client from going into standby when I am watching blueray discs. Does anyone know how to work around this to stop the client going into standby?
    I don't use Multishortcut myself, and it would indeed be just a work around, but if you set suspend to be allowed only on home screen and add your shortcut to a submenu (plugins, perhaps) it would probably stay awake?

Wbunaarf,

Thanks for the tip.

Because I use the X-Factor skin, it means that the plugins appear in the Home Screen. However, in the short term, I suppose I can run them from the the plugin sub-menu. But it will cause a big reduction in the WAF (which won't be tolerated after I just bought a new client PC)! :D

Michael_t - Do you think you could add processes to the client configuration to get round this problem. I am sure it isn't me that has this issue as I have seen lost of posts about it. Most say that they use the "Watchdog plugin" but it seems this plugin is lost to history and I can't find it anywhere (and it may not even work with the newer versions of MP in any case).

:D

Robbo100

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

However, now in my single-seat setup I can not find a method of stopping the client from going into standby when I am watching blueray discs. Does anyone know how to work around this to stop the client going into standby?
    Michael_t - Do you think you could add processes to the client configuration to get round this problem. I am sure it isn't me that has this issue as I have seen lost of posts about it.
    On a single-seat setup the PS++ client plugin does no standby handling itself, it is all done by the PS++ server plugin. So you just have to configure the PS++ server plugin not to suspend when the blueray watching process is active. That's it...

Michael

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

Sorry Michael, I am an idiot. I have made an error above:

Originally Posted by robbo100
    However, now in my single-seat setup I...

Should have said

However, now in my client / server setup I....
    :sorry:

Essentially, it is the client that I am using to watch the blueray on PDVD triggered by multishortcut and since X-Factor skin allows me to do this from the homescreen (the wife doesn't understand to look in "Plugins") the MP client sleeps when PDVD is running.

Sorry for the confusion - can you answer the question again now that I have asked it correctly and corrected my mistakes :rolleyes:

Michael_t - Do you think you could add processes to the client configuration to get round this problem?

:D and :sorry: for the confusion.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Sorry for the confusion
    No problem:)
    On a dedicated client you should not check the "PowerScheduler++ forces system to go to standby when idle" checkbox in PS++ client plugin configuration and leave going to standby to the operating system. Then your PC should not suspend while you are watching blueray.

Michael

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

Now I feel like a double idiot!

What a beautifully simple solution!

Thanks

Robbo100

rhartinger

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2008
    AW: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.10 (RC1)

Is it pssible to restart the TV Tuners? Like the same as in MP Standbyhandler
    I have a Technisat Card and after each Wakeup it doesnt work

Angeldust

Portal Member
    October 29, 2006
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.11 (RC2)

Hi,

I'm new to Mp and installed it for the first time.
    Now I would like to install the PowerScheduler++, but cannot find an instruction how.
    Theu Extension Installer is telling me that it needs a ".mpe1" File.
    The docu is showing that it should be installed with the Extension Installer - But How?
    Can someone please give me a hint?

thanks in advance,
    Michael

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.11 (RC2)

Hello Angeldust.

When you download this plugin (via the link on the first page of this thread), the file should have been saved with the extension '.mpe1'.
    Sometimes the file type detection of the browser makes a mistake and saves the file as '.ZIP'-file.
    Try to change the extension to .mpe1 and it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom