PowerScheduler++ test versions (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.6.0 for MP 1.2.0 pre-beta

But i mean NOT at the Server ;-) i need this at a client

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.6.0 for MP 1.2.0 pre-beta

But i mean NOT at the Server ;-) i need this at a client
    PowerScheduler++ has the same network monitoring features as the original PowerScheduler; so there is no network monitoring on the client. Just because I am curious: Why do you need network monitoring on the client?

Michael

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.0 for MP 1.2.0 beta

oh cause i have a music streaming client running on one of my clients. And MP shouldn't shutdown while i'm streaming music in my living room ;-(

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.0 for MP 1.2.0 beta

Hi, in may case the card is not found. Is id possible to add a delay or/and a retry numbers to card detecting ?

2011-04-27 18:04:56.665000 [PowerEventThread(9)]: Controller: card not found :Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path1)
    2011-04-27 18:04:56.666000 [PowerEventThread(9)]: Controller: NOT preloading card :RadioWebStream Card (builtin)
    2011-04-27 18:04:56.666000 [PowerEventThread(9)]: Controller: card not found :Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0)

After stop/restart tvservice everything run fine.

(I use your Beta build)

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.0 for MP 1.2.0 beta

Hi, in may case the card is not found. Is id possible to add a delay or/and a retry numbers to card detecting ?

2011-04-27 18:04:56.665000 [PowerEventThread(9)]: Controller: card not found :Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path1)
    2011-04-27 18:04:56.666000 [PowerEventThread(9)]: Controller: NOT preloading card :RadioWebStream Card (builtin)
    2011-04-27 18:04:56.666000 [PowerEventThread(9)]: Controller: card not found :Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0)

After stop/restart tvservice everything run fine.

(I use your Beta build)
    The "card not found" error has nothing to do with PowerScheduler++; so there's nothing I could do...

Michael

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2011
    Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

Your system is permanently grabbing EPG - that's the reason why it won't go to standby. You should optimize you EPG grabber settings to keep the time for EPG grabbing as short as possible or deselect the checkbox on the PS++ EPG tab, that you do not want to prevent standby while grabbing EPG.
    The reason why your system did not wakeup at 17:10 for recording is that when you started it at around 15 o'clock there was a database error that terminated the tvserver process. I have no idea what is the cause for this database problem. There were some database changes with the last versions of MP... If it happens more than once you should probably reinstall MP with the delete database option (export everything before) and do a clean reinstall.
    BTW: You should update your PS++ version, because version 1.2.0.11 is a bit buggy.

Michael

Thank you for the advice Michael.
    I have re-installed MP with a db delete, re-imported the exported data, and being running it with the PC booting up from BIOS alarm and with MP always open - then shutting it down at the end of the night. It all worked fine like this, so I tried running it yesterday with PS in HTPC mode and MP not open. Initial tests in the morning worked fine - so I left it in Standby for that evening's recordings. Unfortunately this morning, I found it running with nothing happening and no recordings from last night.
    It was supposed to wake up for a BBC2 programme @ 21:00 and then record various programmes until 00:00.

I have attached some MP & TVS logs in the hope that somebody can enlighten me as to why it didn't.
    View attachment 80462

View attachment MediaPortal.bak

View attachment 80464

View attachment tv.bak

Thank you

Philip

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

Hi Philip,

there are various unusual things in your logs. To solve your problems we should try to do some basic steps first:
    • Update Mediaportal to 1.1.3 and PowerScheduler++ to 1.1.3.0 (last stable version)
    • Decide wether PowerScheduler++ or Windows should suspend your system when it is idle and set idle timeout to your wishes (standard for windows idle timeout is 30 minutes!)
    • Make sure that the PowerScheduler++ client plugin is enabled with "Extensive logging"
    • Make a reboot
    • Start MediaPortal in Debug mode (from All Programs - Team MediaPortal - MediaPortal - Mediaportal Debug Mode)
    • Schedule a recording at a time allowing your system to suspend in the meantime (i.e. at least idle timeout plus pre-recording time in the future)
    • Do nothing else (no mouse moves!) and wait what is happening (system should suspend automatically after idle timeout, wakeup for recording and suspend again after)
    • Terminate MediaPortal client and send automatically generated logs, if you still have problems

Michael

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi,

Sorry if my questions are too simple or they have already been answered, but after more than an hour trying to find an answer I'm a bit desperate:

1) How could I install the mpe1 extension in a PC where I only have the MP TVserver 1.2.0 Beta.
    The MP Extension Installer is in another PC where I have the MP Client.

2) Where can I download the last version of the plugin? The one I downloaded using the link of the first page is: 1.1.7.1

Thank you in advance

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi,

Sorry if my questions are too simple or they have already been answered, but after more than an hour trying to find an answer I'm a bit desperate:

1) How could I install the mpe1 extension in a PC where I only have the MP TVserver 1.2.0 Beta.
    The MP Extension Installer is in another PC where I have the MP Client.

2) Where can I download the last version of the plugin? The one I downloaded using the link of the first page is: 1.1.7.1

Thank you in advance
    1) I attached a zip file with a quick build of a standalone MPEI. Just copy it to your server, unpack it anwhere and run the MpeInstaller.exe. I did not test it on a clean PC, so maybe it does not run, but it is worth a try.
    2) The 1.1.7.1 is the latest version for MP 1.20 beta

Michael

Attachments

• MPEI.zip
      2.2 MB

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Thank you a lot!
    It worked!

Now I can finally try it and see if some problems I had, disappear with this last version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom