Problem with H.264 codec Any one have this installed??? (1 Viewer)

laeb66

Portal Pro
March 20, 2005
Sweden
MyTv dont work long as the H.264 codec is installed in the system..
Remove the codec and everything works fine..

Any one ave this working???

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which particular codec are you talking about? I just use Quicktime 7 because Quicktime Alternate wouldn't play audio in Apple HD Trailers (H.264) within Windows Media Player.

laeb66

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2005
    Sweden
    H.264

Brocklander said:
    Which particular codec are you talking about? I just use Quicktime 7 because Quicktime Alternate wouldn't play audio in Apple HD Trailers (H.264) within Windows Media Player.

Cyberlinks for ATI X1xxx serie...
    I note use the codec for TV...
    Running on Dscaler and testeg mpeg2
    Same resault...

Jorgen_CAB

Portal Member
    February 7, 2006
    Halmstad
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Follow this link...
    http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t12150.html
    ...to get full support within MediaPortal for Nvidia cards using PureVideo.

I have an Asus 6600 TOPsilencer Nvidia card, 2.0GHz AMD Sempron processor and 2GB RAM and I run 1080p movies using h.264 without any problem. When I playback them in Windows Media Player my CPU works around 30-80% through the 2min clip I tested it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Glad the problem was at least solved for you. But it's one of the issues nobody likes. It's bad to have bugs, but I prefer a clear error in logs with a solution behind ;)
    Glad the problem was at least solved for you. But it's one of the issues nobody likes. It's bad to have bugs, but I prefer a clear...
    Good morning, I am using MP2 since several years on a Win10 machine and now switched to a new PC with Win11. After installation, I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom