Problem with streaming (1 Viewer)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
In my HTPC i have the i3-2125 and the process consumes about 45%-50% of CPU usage. EDIT: ffmpeg.exe with BETTER-profile 60% but I wont get a stream at all
Okay as your cpu doesn't seem to be the problem... One question, which player do you use in aMPdroid - internal or external like vplayer?

wusel

Portal Pro
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Internal. Also tried to stream to Webmediaportal which works fine
EDIT: MXplayer works! Problem solved. Thank you pünktchen!

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Its fine, i worked it out and even that went up to 100%.

On another note, I know its not my laptop as I can play the file on there and the cpu doesn't even bat an eyelid at the file........ streaming is the real issue here.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
As i said before you need a more powerfull cpu on your server for transcoded streams or just use the VLC direct play mode in WebMediaportal.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
That may be so but even someone with a powerful cpu can even stream so that doesn't seem to hold any water I'm afraid. The issue has to be somewhere else.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
That may be so but even someone with a powerful cpu can even stream so that doesn't seem to hold any water I'm afraid. The issue has to be somewhere else.
You mean CAN'T stream, am i right?! Who they are? I know only of people where streaming doesn't work at all mostly because of their firewall or where streaming works but stutters or aborts because of high cpu load.
You've said you have 100% cpu load! So what's the problem?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
OK, I'm not starting an arguement but look at this another way. I have an ipad and I can stream from xbmc from the same laptop I use for mediaportal and it works perfectly so the issue is with mediaportal somewhere, i just don't know where.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Don't compare apples and oranges. What about direct streaming mode, does it work or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom