Problem with streaming (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I seem to have developed a problem when streaming. I can stream to my phone (HD2) perfectly for about the 1st 3 minutes and then the sound starts to break up and the picture freezes for about a second or 2 and then it continues (almost like its buffering).

I have also tried it on my partners phone (Galaxy Note) and I get the same issue.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Ok, just an update: Wondering if this was related to Dixv files so I tried an Xvid file and got the same issue. It plays perfectly for the 1st 3 minutes and then starts hanging.

Any one got any ideas as I would like to get this working as I plan on getting a tablet in the near future and this is one on of the main things I want to use it for.

Thanks in advance.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I guess it's the same problem like a few others've mentioned here.
Yours cpus on the servers aren't powerfull enough for realtime transcoding. Have you ever checked the cpu load?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

CPU load is the issue for me... I struggle with HQ maxing out my cores (AMD 910e Quad core)

J.

wusel

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    In my HTPC i have the i3-2125 and the process consumes about 45%-50% of CPU usage. EDIT: ffmpeg.exe with BETTER-profile 60% but I wont get a stream at all

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Yep, that appears to be the issue. I have just tried a test stream off my 2.6 duel core, 3gb laptop and it hit 100% straight away. This really needs to be looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom