Problem with two tv-cards by channel-changing (1 Viewer)

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    So, what's your suggestion? That you would now be allowed to change channel because your wife is watching? That's the only other option I can find for your problem.

And for the channel seeing the entire timeshift buffer, I hope it's clear for you that this is not design, but an issue (positioning) that's being worked on.

By design, I mean the whole content is on a single file. Different clients can be streaming from different parts of that file. There is no need for different files IMO. The problem is not the number of files or what they are doing. The problem is what to do with the tuner if the owner tries to change.

That's what I still fail to understand what you are wishing for.

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, what's your suggestion? That you would now be allowed to change channel because your wife is watching? That's the only other option I can find for your problem.

And for the channel seeing the entire timeshift buffer, I hope it's clear for you that this is not design, but an issue (positioning) that's being worked on.

By design, I mean the whole content is on a single file. Different clients can be streaming from different parts of that file. There is no need for different files IMO. The problem is not the number of files or what they are doing. The problem is what to do with the tuner if the owner tries to change.

That's what I still fail to understand what you are wishing for.

hi, joboehl,

sometimes I think, I am to stupid for this games and to old:oops:

But if I have two tuners. On tuner1 watching two clients the same channel.
    The other tuner 2 is idle.
    Now changed one of this clients to another channel and so to tuner 2., which was idle. The other client remains on tuner 1.

But I have really no desire more:sorry: I will finished this problems. I wrote here since a few weeks for this.

For me I will ignore this problem now and will look for the development of tve in the next months.

But my last word is, the ts-controller works not correct.
    Many :D to you and the devs.

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i got him right, his problem is that he got 2 tuners.

Person A watching Channel X on Tuner 1.
    Person B watching Channel X on Tuner 1.

Now one of them (lets say Person A) wants to watch Channel Y.

What happens is that Person A watches Channel Y on Tuner 2 now.
    But Person B gets kicked / switched to Channel Y and Tuner 2 aswell rather than just keep watching Channel X on Tuner 1.

Hope I was able to point out his problem a bit more. If I got you wrong, just ignore this :)

Regards, Muldini

/edit Josu, schreib mir sonst einfach eine Nachricht auf deutsch und ich werde versuchen das verständlich zu übersetzen.

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i got him right, his problem is that he got 2 tuners.

Person A watching Channel X on Tuner 1.
    Person B watching Channel X on Tuner 1.

Now one of them (lets say Person A) wants to watch Channel Y.

What happens is that Person A watches Channel Y on Tuner 2 now.
    But Person B gets kicked / switched to Channel Y and Tuner 2 aswell rather than just keep watching Channel X on Tuner 1.

Hope I was able to point out his problem a bit more. If I got you wrong, just ignore this :)

Regards, Muldini

/edit Josu, schreib mir sonst einfach eine Nachricht auf deutsch und ich werde versuchen das verständlich zu übersetzen.

hallo Muldini,

:D :D :D :D :D

The one is kicked, and tuner 2 is idle. I can buy 10 tv-cards, it is always the same problem. I wrote here since a few weeks, and then comes you.:D

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Long shot, and I can't test it since I only got one card.
    (Nur eine Idee, und ich kanns auch nicht testen da ich nur eine TV Karte habe.)
    But have you assigned all TV Channels to each card?
    (Hast du beiden Karten alle Sender zugeordnet?)
    Do you have 2 seperate cables from your satellite to your HTPC or is there something like a switch in between?
    (Hast du zwei seperate Kabel von deiner Satellitenschüssel zu deinem HTPC oder ist ein Switch dazwischen?)

From what I think how it works all channels need to be assigned to each card so the dynamic use of those cards will work.
    (So wie ich das verstehe müssen alle Sender beiden Karten zugeordnet sein, damit die automatische Kartenwahl funktioniert.)

The way you want it to work is the way frodo programmed (designed) it, it just doesn't work for you at the moment.
    (So wie du es dir wünscht, das es funktioniert, ist es auch programmiert worden, d.h. es ist kein Designfehler, nur scheint es bei dir gerade nicht zu funktionieren.)

Please correct me frodo if I got things wrong!

Regards, Muldini

/edit
    To make it even more clear for frodo, 2 TV Cards and 2 Users, so theres no problem with more users wanting to watch something than there are TV cards available.

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Long shot, and I can't test it since I only got one card.
    (Nur eine Idee, und ich kanns auch nicht testen da ich nur eine TV Karte habe.)
    But have you assigned all TV Channels to each card?
    (Hast du beiden Karten alle Sender zugeordnet?)

Ja:)

From what I think how it works all channels need to be assigned to each card so the dynamic use of those cards will work.
    (So wie ich das verstehe müssen alle Sender beiden Karten zugeordnet sein, damit die automatische Kartenwahl funktioniert.)

Ja:)

The way you want it to work is the way frodo programmed (designed) it, it just doesn't work for you at the moment.
    (So wie du es dir wünscht, das es funktioniert, ist es auch programmiert worden, d.h. es ist kein Designfehler, nur scheint es bei dir gerade nicht zu funktionieren.)

Please correct me frodo if I got things wrong!

Regards, Muldini

I have always a clean installation-backup for recovering. Yesterday I have download the newest drivers from hauppauge. No mce-patch ( but makes no different).

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    P.S. Thats with the design is not from me, that has joboehl me explained.
    But it seems, I dont have understand this correct:(

HW I have changed complete (new server, sempron 3000), same effects like on my old server (P43200)

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have 2 seperate cables from your satellite to your HTPC or is there something like a switch in between?
    (Hast du zwei seperate Kabel von deiner Satellitenschüssel zu deinem HTPC oder ist ein Switch dazwischen?)

I have since 1 year a seperate dish with a twin-lnb only for mp, because last year the diseqc-function not run so good.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It would be a nice addition if one coulde choose what channel-changing-scheme (algorithm) should be used. Maybe even define your own scheme.

Could just place a dropdown on the setuptv.exe app, giving the user the possibility to choose between 2-3 schemes.

On a sidenote what happens if I am watching some channel and then suddenly the tvserver needs to do an instant recording or even a scheduled recording here and now.
    Do I get kicked along with a nice and polite message informing me of the event ?
    Ofcourse once kicked I could just connect to the new available stream or tune to another channel on the same transponder.

Recording jobs should have a higher "rank" than normal viewers have.

Have anyone tested this scenario ?

;)
    /Gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom