Problems with encrypted channels (DVB-T2) and CAM/CI (1 Viewer)

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
I am very grateful for all the support that I have been given today.:)
My system now works as I would like.

However, I feel a bit not appreciating, since my initial intention, was to upgrade my Win 7 / DVBLink server and Kodi client.
So I identified MP as a server candidate for the CI support.
And now I understand that I only need the supplied TVMosaic server with Kodi and the TVMosaic addin to Kodi, and all works fine.

Just let me know if I can test anything for you, to show my gratitude.

Many thanks

/Jonas

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Glad to help and pleased you were able to do your upgrade. I'm not a fan of Kodi but I know it is often down to what you are familiar with but maybe you might look again at MP in the future. Anyway many thanks for confirming that TV Mosaic/MP2 supports CAM/C1+ that was most useful.:)

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Again,

I wonder if I need the Mediaportal / TVMosaic server anyway.
    The TVMosaic server alone you are not (anymore) able to prioritize between different tuners / channels.
    Those menues are blocked.
    So you can not assign encrypted channels to the tuner with CI and FTA channels to another tuner..

As I remember when installing MP2 with TVMosaic, MP2 server plugs in to TVMosaic server and uses that tuner?

Will try later :)..

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So you can not assign encrypted channels to the tuner with CI and FTA channels to another tuner..
    With TVE3 (MP1 and MP2), TV Server should allow you to achieve this (if only the decryption would work :( ).

On my HTPC, I have a TBS 6284 quad tuner card that can receive DVB-T and DVB-T2, plus a Pinnacle 2000i dual tuner card that can receive only DVB-T (no DVB-T2). To set this up, I scan using each tuner in turn (so six scans in total). TV Server remembers which channels are receivable by which tuner, so when I want to watch or record a channel in a DVB-T2 MUX, TV Server knows not to choose the Pinnacle tuner.

Assuming that the "Enable CAM" setting is set correctly for each of your tuners (enabled for one, disabled for the other), TV Server should automatically select the tuner with the CAM for an encrypted channel, and select either tuner for an unencrypted channel. You don't want to use the CAM tuner unnecessarily for unencrypted channels, so you would prioritise the tuners so that the tuner without the CAM occurs first in the list (highest priority), and the tuner with the CAM occurs second.

Personally, I get really annoyed wasting hours trying to get software to work (software in general, not specifically MP), so I imagine that you are really frustrated by now :mad:. However, a couple of points have occurred to me with regard to TVE3:

(1) I recollect our now-retired TV expert writing in a post several years ago that the "Preview" button on the "TV Channels" panel did not work correctly in every case. He did not say for which cases preview failed, but it might have been the CAM support. He stated that after scanning, you should close "MP Config", start the MP client, display the EPG (which will be empty), and select a channel for viewing in order to determine whether that channel can be received satisfactorily.

(2) Another possibility is that the "CAM enabled" settings were incorrect, leading TV Server to select for an encrypted channel the tuner without the CAM.

If you have not yet decided to give up TV and become a monk, it might be worthwhile trying TVE3 again, taking care to address the two points above. (Of course, this might be a complete waste of time :mad: :cry: )

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With TVE3 (MP1 and MP2), TV Server should allow you to achieve this (if only the decryption would work :( ).
    I am not 100% sure but I think the OP was saying that the problem was with the TV Mosaic app. in stand alone mode but possibley would do want he wanted in conjunction with the MP2 version that supports TV Mosaic and he was going try it out, so may not need to try getting CAM to work in a different TV engine. Hopefully he will post again and let us know.

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I am not getting it to work.
    My problem with TVMosaic, is that I am not able to prioritize between tuners. So that the tuner with the CAM is selected only when it is needed and not for the free channels, so that I can record/watch several simultaneous shows.
    It looks like some of the functions withing the channel settings in TVMosaic server setup are locked. For example to choose different channels for different tuners.

My thought then was to use MP2 Server to connect to TVMosaic, to select channel setup within the MP2 server settings.
    But as I see below, the MP2 server doesn't connect to TVMosaic, only MP2 client.

So now I am not sure how to move forward.
    Maybe I have to buy a new TV card that is supported by MP..‍♂️

Attachments

• MP TVMosaic.jpg
      MP TVMosaic.jpg
      40.1 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So now I am not sure how to move forward.
    Are you 110% convinced that you want to stop using what previously worked for you?
    Just because a piece of software is no longer supported by its manufacturer is not necessarily a reason to stop using it.

I use Windows 7 on my HTPC (a 14-year old Dell tower system), but I am not worried by all of the security exposures that have been discovered since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 because I do not use my HTPC as a general-purpose PC.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I have to buy a new TV card that is supported by MP..‍♂️
    Good luck, I am really not too sure how well CAM and MP work together with any tuner.
    Just a thought would it not be cheaper to just buy another C1+ card then there would be no need to prioritise the tuners?
    BTW the TBS Deutschland website specifically states that C1+ cards are not supported but I think that is a local issue with the C1+ card type use here in Germany (something to do with the paring method/requirement)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom