Problems with setupTV

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by Stevieg_73, August 9, 2007.

1. Stevieg_73

Stevieg_73 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Yesterday i tried to installed the TVe3 version and everything went fine until i realised that the SVN wasn´t installed. I deleted everything and started again but now when i´m trying to configure the Tvserver i get some errors that says that the database cnnot be upgraded so i recreate this and get another error "failed to open database". This worked yesterday and i thougt that i deleted all files before new install. Please give me some hint on what to do.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. level20peon
    • Premium Supporter

level20peon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hello Stevieg_73,

first of all please be more specific on your SVN problem. I don't get what you are trying to tell.

The database however is not stored in the MediaPortal directory so it cannot be deleted by removing this folder. You need to administer your database directly in order to delete it. Depending on which database you use the procedures differ. You should create a system spec profile. Support would be much easier this way.

-level20peon

4. Stevieg_73

Stevieg_73 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi level20peon,

U´re right, i will fix the system spec. I solved the setup problem and everything looks fine until i actually want to see the TV, I can´t preview in the TVserver (get a can´t openvideoaudio...error) though i´ve scanned and found alot of channels and in manual control the server is grabbing EPG and in myTV section in MP i have a streambutton but if a click it says "no stream".... Any suggestions on where to look ???

5. level20peon
    • Premium Supporter

level20peon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    If you don't get anything in the TV-Server manual control you wont get anything in MediaPortal anyways.
    Try disabling the DVB-EPG grabbing in the TV-Server configuration and afterwards restart the TV-Service. This might help. Otherwise I would recommend to delete the database manually and let the TV-Server rebuild it again afterwards.

-level20peon

6. Stevieg_73

Stevieg_73 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok. Just to make things clear. The server and the client is the same (one computer) so the only "streaming" is between the server and MP. What makes me a little confused and this may be obvius but anyway - What do i need start manually and which app. need to be running in order to make this work ??

Why i´m asking is that yesterday the server was grabbing the EPG BUT at the same time i was watching TV in DVBviewer wich should be impossible (i didn´t stop the tvserver because i´m not sure where to or does it simply stops when you hit stop service-button in manual controls ??

7. level20peon
    • Premium Supporter

level20peon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Let's do this step by step to prevent misunderstandings :)

The three programs that need to be launched are:

1. The SQL db server (should be started automatically)
    2. The TV-Server (should be started automatically)
    3. The MediaPortal client (Which you don't need to test the TV-Server's functionallity, see posts above)

Well I think the "grabbing EPG" won't disappear once it started and the TV-Server hangs up. You must not use any other application which accesses the TV-card simultaneously with the TV-Server.
    Yes the server stops by pressing this button.

-level20peon

8. Stevieg_73

Stevieg_73 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, that seems to be a good idea, The problem is that i´m at work and cannot check this until after 22.00 tonight so please feel free to give me a step by step guide so i can check all this tonight and reply afterwards.

Where can you see if the TVserver is started? I always open the TVsetup (wich by the way didn´t placed itself as a thumbnail on the desktop during installation)

9. level20peon
    • Premium Supporter

level20peon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    It's easier to check what I wrote earlier than to write a whole "guideline" ;). What timezone do you live in ?

Opening the TV-Setup is the easiest way.
    You also can open the Computer Management console by opening the start menu, point to "run" and typing in "compmgmt.msc" there. Then navigate to "Services and Applications" -> "Services". There is a list of all services installed on your PC. Check out "TVService" for the status of the TV-Server.

You still haven't told me which database you use ;).

-level20peon

10. Stevieg_73

Stevieg_73 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Oh, sorry. I´m using the SQL 2005 (i donno wich is the best SQL 2005 or MySQL). I thought that the guide for SQL 2005 was easier..

I think that i can check all this a bit earlier, around 16.30 , reg timezon if you live in Germany we should have the same time as i am in Sweden..

11. level20peon
    • Premium Supporter

level20peon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I am not using SQL 2005 so I cannot give you an exact HowTo but you should be able to administer the database by using SQL Server Management Studio Express. If the other hints don't work try deleting the database with this tool (after stopping TV-Service).

-level20peon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!