Problems with setupTV (1 Viewer)

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
May 31, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

Yesterday i tried to installed the TVe3 version and everything went fine until i realised that the SVN wasn´t installed. I deleted everything and started again but now when i´m trying to configure the Tvserver i get some errors that says that the database cnnot be upgraded so i recreate this and get another error "failed to open database". This worked yesterday and i thougt that i deleted all files before new install. Please give me some hint on what to do.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Stevieg_73,

first of all please be more specific on your SVN problem. I don't get what you are trying to tell.

The database however is not stored in the MediaPortal directory so it cannot be deleted by removing this folder. You need to administer your database directly in order to delete it. Depending on which database you use the procedures differ. You should create a system spec profile. Support would be much easier this way.

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi level20peon,

U´re right, i will fix the system spec. I solved the setup problem and everything looks fine until i actually want to see the TV, I can´t preview in the TVserver (get a can´t openvideoaudio...error) though i´ve scanned and found alot of channels and in manual control the server is grabbing EPG and in myTV section in MP i have a streambutton but if a click it says "no stream".... Any suggestions on where to look ???

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you don't get anything in the TV-Server manual control you wont get anything in MediaPortal anyways.
    Try disabling the DVB-EPG grabbing in the TV-Server configuration and afterwards restart the TV-Service. This might help. Otherwise I would recommend to delete the database manually and let the TV-Server rebuild it again afterwards.

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok. Just to make things clear. The server and the client is the same (one computer) so the only "streaming" is between the server and MP. What makes me a little confused and this may be obvius but anyway - What do i need start manually and which app. need to be running in order to make this work ??

Why i´m asking is that yesterday the server was grabbing the EPG BUT at the same time i was watching TV in DVBviewer wich should be impossible (i didn´t stop the tvserver because i´m not sure where to or does it simply stops when you hit stop service-button in manual controls ??

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Let's do this step by step to prevent misunderstandings :)

What do i need start manually and which app. need to be running in order to make this work ??

The three programs that need to be launched are:

1. The SQL db server (should be started automatically)
    2. The TV-Server (should be started automatically)
    3. The MediaPortal client (Which you don't need to test the TV-Server's functionallity, see posts above)

Why i´m asking is that yesterday the server was grabbing the EPG BUT at the same time i was watching TV in DVBviewer wich should be impossible (i didn´t stop the tvserver because i´m not sure where to or does it simply stops when you hit stop service-button in manual controls ??

Well I think the "grabbing EPG" won't disappear once it started and the TV-Server hangs up. You must not use any other application which accesses the TV-card simultaneously with the TV-Server.
    Yes the server stops by pressing this button.

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, that seems to be a good idea, The problem is that i´m at work and cannot check this until after 22.00 tonight so please feel free to give me a step by step guide so i can check all this tonight and reply afterwards.

Where can you see if the TVserver is started? I always open the TVsetup (wich by the way didn´t placed itself as a thumbnail on the desktop during installation)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, that seems to be a good idea, The problem is that i´m at work and cannot check this until after 22.00 tonight so please feel free to give me a step by step guide so i can check all this tonight and reply afterwards.

It's easier to check what I wrote earlier than to write a whole "guideline" ;). What timezone do you live in ?

Where can you see if the TVserver is started? I always open the TVsetup (wich by the way didn´t placed itself as a thumbnail on the desktop during installation)

Opening the TV-Setup is the easiest way.
    You also can open the Computer Management console by opening the start menu, point to "run" and typing in "compmgmt.msc" there. Then navigate to "Services and Applications" -> "Services". There is a list of all services installed on your PC. Check out "TVService" for the status of the TV-Server.

You still haven't told me which database you use ;).

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Oh, sorry. I´m using the SQL 2005 (i donno wich is the best SQL 2005 or MySQL). I thought that the guide for SQL 2005 was easier..

I think that i can check all this a bit earlier, around 16.30 , reg timezon if you live in Germany we should have the same time as i am in Sweden..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom