Problems with setupTV (1 Viewer)

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
May 31, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok. I have it already installed (as the Wiki guide suggested). Do you know the difference between MySQl and SQL 2005 ? Is one better that the other in this case ??

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
May 31, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes !!!! I got it working !!! I shut off all EPG grabbing, restarted the TV-service and voila, the preview work lika a charm and in MP too. Unfortunatly i erased all my channels when i was sorting in the list so now i´m scanning again and have to go. I don´t know if this worked only once and the EPG was the reason. I´ll examine this later on and post again...

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
May 31, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What the fuck is happening !!!!!!!! After the scan nothing works and it´s all the same again, Why ?????????? I haven´t changed or touched anything and i honestly can´t say what i did to get it working besides that the server has been up and running for like 10 hours..... I´m getting really tired of this

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmm I didn't get any mail notifications until your last post.

Ok. I have it already installed (as the Wiki guide suggested). Do you know the difference between MySQl and SQL 2005 ? Is one better that the other in this case ??

Well some people prefer SQL 2005 some MySQL. I prefer to have as much opensource on my systems so I use MySQL. I am sure there are pro's and cons for both databases but I am also sure that support for open-source rules out the Microsoft support.

What the fuck is happening !!!!!!!! After the scan nothing works and it´s all the same again, Why ?????????? I haven´t changed or touched anything and i honestly can´t say what i did to get it working besides that the server has been up and running for like 10 hours..... I´m getting really tired of this

Maybe the DVB-EPG was re-activated after scanning the channels ?

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It seems that the EPG grabbing starts as soon as the server is running. Does this have to be done first and then i can look at the preview ?? How long should this take ?? For now i have only 2 channels mapped to my card but even when i stop the EPG in manuals i can´t preview or timeshift after that (even tried stop and start)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you deactivate the EPG grabbing and restart the service this setting will be stored and afterwards there will be no further scans. The scan however should stop if you try to timeshift manually. Since you seem to have problems with this I recommended to deactivate the scan in the first place.

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It doesn´t matter what i do !!! I´ve unticked every channel in the EPG section and start-stop service (all in setup) but no fucking (sorry) preview... And all of a sudden i can´scan for channels despite same settings, it says nothing found on every transponder but the channellist is still there ( it doesnt get reseted despite new scan) It smells that somethings is funny with the database.

The most irretating thing is that i got it to work once but didn´t know why and how..... Going to sleep now...

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Stevieg_73,

I had some really wierd problems with EPG the other day. I spent many hours trying to get it to work but no success....

Until I decided touse a bit of brute force. I stopped TVService and SQLServer, and shutdown MP. Then I removed the files TVlibrary* in C:\Program\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data. I restarted the services and rescanned all channels (actually imported the channel list that I exported before the removal of the files).

And violà, all works. EPG nicely in MP etc.

I think I found a post somewhere that the database may become corrupted and this was one solution to fix the problem.

If you've spend a lot of time selecting channels etc just make sure you export them before deleting the TVlibrary* files.

As I said, brute force, but it did the trick for me.

/Peter

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then I removed the files TVlibrary* in C:\Program\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data.

You deleted the database this way. You can do the same with SQL Server Management Studio Express which I mentioned earlier. You could destroy the whole database application with the need to reinstall if you delete these files like you described.

-level20peon

Stevieg_73

Portal Member
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do i delete the whole databasefolder or only the Tvlibrary folder ??? (In SQL manam....) By the way, i got nothing found on every transponder when i´m scanning now with the same values as before ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom