1.10.0 Problems with specific Webradio-Streams (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The Wireshark trace looks okay to me.
    You can see the BASS request going out, and the server seems to respond and start sending the audio stream within ~30 ms.
    The DNS also seems to be okay... although it is done with IPv6 instead of IPv4.
    I wonder: can you try to temporarily disable IPv6 on the client? Sorry but it's the only thing I can think of.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No visible (audible) change in behaviour. THis is another WS protocol with IPv6 disabled.[DOUBLEPOST=1424551495][/DOUBLEPOST]The behaviour also stays the same when disabling IPv6 connections in the router and also when port forwarding all IPv6 protocols to the client.

Attachments

• wireshark.zip
      427.3 KB

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any options left about what I can do? Where is the hardcoded timeout, maybe I can compile my own version of the BASS engine?[DOUBLEPOST=1424621928][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, same problem on my desktop PC (which is a new, blazing fast machine). Disabling IPv6 on my router does not change anything.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @hwahrmann to know if we can put an higher value :) I think it's hardcoded somewhere.
    For sure it seems related to something on network but really weird, i have retry and it's ok too.

Can you try to change your DNS in your local network and even disable all other network card except the LAN you use for internet ?
    Mine is set to google dns :
    8.8.8.8 (primary)
    8.8.4.4 (secondary)
    :p

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, Sebastii. Unfortunately, this also does not change behaviour.
    I have set the Google Public DNS Servers both fot IPv4 as well as IPv6, both in Windows and my Router's config.
    Really weird behaviours, especially as other servers are working as expected. My ISP does not do any throttling or filtering.

@hwahrmann Maybe this timeout could be made configurable, at least in advanced options or in .xml config file?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I'm out of ideas.
    I would also guess that increasing the timeout won't help. Like I said previously, the Wireshark trace seems to show that the stream is received very quickly... so the current timeout setting (10 seconds) is probably already massive overkill.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, @mm1352000. I wonder why it fails on my clients in MediaPortal while in VLC it starts immediately. If it was a network issue, it should affect VLC as well, I guess.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    True... but then why do the say streams work for other people. :)
    Please also keep in mind that BASS is a 3rd party library. We integrated it to get music playback support... but we can't check and explain the inner workings.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    mm1352000 is correct. We can't look inside the internals of BASS.
    As the log indicates, you are running into a timeout, meaning the stream is not delivered within the default of 5 seconds.
    I am using the default of 5 seconds.

You mentioned, that you would be able to compile your own versioin of MP. If this is true, you can give it a try.

in Core\MusicPlayer\BASS\MusicStream.cs insert after line 313, this is the line with the "Bass.BASS_SetConfig":

Code:
    Bass.BASS_SetConfig(BASSConfig.BASS_CONFIG_NET_TIMEOUT, 10000);

This will wait then up to 10 Seconds.

If you have troubles i can compile a version for you.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. I have not yet set up my Desktop to build myself, but I'm always interested in learning and am cloning the master branch in GitHub for Windows as I type. Will be busy the next few days with work, I'll get back when I have tested. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1424688578][/DOUBLEPOST]Surprise. I tested something else on my Desktop PC. I have the Windows 10 pre release installed in a VM. Did a fresh Installation of MP there, only typed my TV Servers adress in config - and it's playing. But it took a while (nearly 5 seconds) to start on the first attempt, got faster on restart. I am really curious what is causing this...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom