Project Mayhem III Download (Final Vers.2.3 09.06.2008 (3 Viewers)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    Somehow the plugins screen only works with your remote after you hovered with your mouse over the menu.

Also, somehow it isn't possible anymore to customize the hierarchy , and what items are shown, in the plugins screen. But thats not skin related i guess.

indeed it isn't. it is related to the new home-control that is in SVN. also notice that the the screen in addition to the basic home screen is NOT the myplugins screen but the normal home screen like in the other skins.

anyways: to make it work without hovering it with the mouse first you have to open the myhome.xml in you PMIII directory and on the top you'll see this:

Code:
    <defaultcontrol>2</defaultcontrol>

you have to change it into this:

Code:
    <defaultcontrol>50</defaultcontrol>

save it, start MP again and it will work like it's meant to do.

The reason is that the menucontrol itself has changed. defaultcontrol means, this is the the first thing the focus lies on when you enter a screen. id 2 isn't there anymore in the new control, so the focus lies "nowhere" from where you can't switch to the menu-control anymore with keyboard / remote. the plugin-list's id is 50, so with changing like mentioned above you'll be directly in the menu when entering the homescreen again.

generator

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2006
    Leeuwarden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx a lot! that seems to do the trick.

You don't happen to know if there is any other way to change the plugins screen? I really hate it that i can't configure it anymore... :(

player-x

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Harley

love this skin a lot and realy sorry that you dint win the skin contest
    how ever 3DMP is also a good skin but i love dark skin's more.
    But :tnx: for all the hard work you pute in.

I only have two qustion/requist
    PIII XBMC version had that the foto art whas on a slideshow changeing every 5 ore 10 sec ore so
    I really liked that, so if it is not to mouths work can we have that to ported to MP?

And are you going t make a 720p version of the skin ??

greedtings Michael

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The skin doesn't function correctly anymore with the latest SVN. I think becaus of the new animations. MP crashes when I try to go to MyPictures. I get the same with BlueTwo. The same crash occures when triwing to enter MyPrograms

ewiles

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    And are you going t make a 720p version of the skin ??

I second (actually from reading this thread it's more like a 20th) the request for a widescreen version of this skin. I am an ex-Meedio refugee and the lack of good 16x9 themes is the only thing holding me back from switching to MP. Thanks!

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem I had before is fixed.
    Today I started playing with the new animation options, for my own pleasure.
    All pages now have a fade in and out. The basic homescreen and the other homescreen have some more animations to make them look a bit smoother. I couldn't get the hover images in the Basic Homescreen to fade out on WindowClose, that's a small thing that you'll only notice of you look for it.

This is not official! I did it for my own pleasure! Harley may not use it for the official release, but he can ofcourse.

Unofficial Project Mayhem III with some new animations

It's based on the latest official PMIII skin and does still not support the TV-engine 3

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like to add a fade in and out to the small "now playing" in the left corner of the screen. Where can I find it in the XML files?

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

i´m actual working on a complete update of PM III with all animation stuff and complete reworking of all screen and also with new animated Home , Plugin and Basichomescreen.
    The hovers should also be with fadeeffekt behind the background. But i must do many gfx new and seperat for that. So it will take a little bit . ;)

I do not give a update yet, because the new animationsstuff is not stable at all at the moment and the update would be not run with 0.2.1.0, only with latest svn.

But you can be shure the new update will come next and it will be realy nice ;) :)

Greetings Harley

PS: 16:9 will follow then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom