rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Catavolt,

I vote for immediate publishing without the BasicHome editor because the implementation of World Weather 5.0 for me is more important than customizing the BasicHome screen.
    Nevertheless hope to get the Editor back in the future :)

Cheers

Roger

portugese pirate

March 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    how do i stop the time and title from running into each other.....title needs shifted to the right a couple of spaces......please help........the time and title are overlapping. Im using the latest purevisionhd horizon and meepo 1.2.2.......thank you

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was wondering if it might be possible to move the notification boxes (i.e. Recording has started, Onlinevideos download has finished) to the bottom right corner rather than having them smack in the middle of the screen as they are at the moment, where they're rather annoying when you're in the middle of watching a programme?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Could you tell me how to disable the curtains (Hidden Menu Animation) in MyFilms as they really get on my nerves and Guzzi has told me it can be changed in each skin?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Do I just need to delete the following from MyFilms.xml to disable the curtains?

Code:
        <!--    *******************************************************************************************  -->
        <!--    **************************************  ANIMATED CURTAINS  ********************************  -->
        <!--    *******************************************************************************************  -->
        <control>
          <id>0</id>
          <type>image</type>
          <posX>0</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>683</width>
          <height>770</height>
          <texture>Animations\Countdown\vorhang links.jpg</texture>
          <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="-683,0" reversible="true">visiblechange</animation>
          <visible>!control.hasfocus(50)+!control.hasFocus(99)</visible>
        </control>
        <control>
          <id>0</id>
          <type>image</type>
          <posX>660</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>703</width>
          <height>770</height>
          <texture>Animations\Countdown\vorhang rechts.jpg</texture>
          <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="683,0" reversible="true">visiblechange</animation>
          <visible>!control.hasfocus(50)+!control.hasFocus(99)</visible>

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doveman, sorry for being late - you are right, just delete or comment out this part (therefore I did "title" it for what it does ;))
    Rergarding the notification window: I just moved it into the middle because of a lot of user requests.
    Maybe we could ask here where the majority want to have this window? Middle of screen or lower left/right corner or lower middle?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how do i stop the time and title from running into each other.....title needs shifted to the right a couple of spaces......please help........the time and title are overlapping. Im using the latest purevisionhd horizon and meepo 1.2.2.......thank you
    What title? How about a screenshot?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi doveman, sorry for being late - you are right, just delete or comment out this part (therefore I did "title" it for what it does ;))
    Rergarding the notification window: I just moved it into the middle because of a lot of user requests.
    Maybe we could ask here where the majority want to have this window? Middle of screen or lower left/right corner or lower middle?

Thanks, I was starting to get worried about you ;)

That worked fine and no more curtains now thanks :) However, I just found another problem with MyFilms in that if I have a film details open and go to the side menu, under Options there's Cover Manager and selecting that causes an unhandled exception because there's no MyFilmsCoverManager.xml. I found one in DefaultWide but obviously that's not suitable for PureVisionHD.

I also wanted to disable the curtains for movingpictures and found the Animated Curtains sections in movingpictures.xml but I also had to delete the following to stop the right-hand curtain showing up when opening the side-menu.

Code:
        <control>
          <id>0</id>
          <type>image</type>
          <posX>660</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>703</width>
          <height>770</height>
          <texture>Animations\Countdown\vorhang rechts.jpg</texture>
          <animation effect="slide" time="1000" start="683,0" reversible="true">visiblechange</animation>
          <visible>!control.hasfocus(50)+!control.hasFocus(99)+!control.isvisible(6)</visible>
        </control>

There's something else I need to do still though, as at the moment when I move the mouse away from the list (or open the side-menu with the remote), the titles disappear whilst the icons remain, so if you could advise me what to tweak to stop that happening, I'd be grateful.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    There's something else I need to do still though, as at the moment when I move the mouse away from the list (or open the side-menu with the remote), the titles disappear whilst the icons remain, so if you could advise me what to tweak to stop that happening, I'd be grateful.

New user here -- first post, mouse user, Metro skin.

I, too, have disabled the curtain animation and have the disappearing titles. It's not a "deal breaker" because so many things are done exceptionally well in Metro -- congratulations on a job well done. In particular, I appreciate the fixed position menus -- in some skins I always seem to be "chasing" the menu with the mouse. Also, the extended OSD is especially well done.

I disabled the curtain because it always seemed to be closing when I wanted it open and vice versa. Maybe you could explain what your design rationale is -- maybe I'm doing it wrong!

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2009
    new york
    Home Country
    I'm setting up a touch screen for my kids room it has no other in put but touch is there a way to make the play stop ect bigger and remove some buttons like the shutdown and exit to windows

I figured out how to remove to buttons in the top bar now just need help in making it bigger do I have to blow up the .png image or/and edit the HTML if so can you point me to a good ref about ploting i tried to search but I don't know the lingo

I know touch screen olny is a odd set up so any help would be great and am willing to do the leg work if I know witch way to walk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom