liteglow

Portal Pro
November 13, 2011
Home Country
Norway Norway
@liteglow
Think I found your problem:
first line of your MP log shows this:

[2014-04-05 19:44:18,215] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Using alternate configuration file: C:\Users\Filip\AppData\Local\Temp\MPTemp\MediaPortalTemp.xml

This is NOT the config file to be read, so your whole MP configuration won´t be known by MediaPortal.
Make sure your MediaPortal paths are correct, then all should work like a charm ;)

Well I appreciate the help I can get.
I did only test it for 26 seconds because it was 26 seconds nothing was working.
The response from remote was seconds after i hit anything, and then the menus freeze.

But I did clean it up once again, 1,7 pre release installed, and the newest pvhd. and NO plugins yet.
I changed to Horizon and geez it does work again as it should !!!
Yes I will change the review, but how come thousand vote but only 1 write a review.
I did anyway write that this "was" the best skin before mine problems, and that I had a problem on MY setup (still a great skin design)
maybe someone else had same trouble and could learn from my mistakes.

anyway I will change it back soon as possible. :)

maybe what started it all is that I download mp 1.6 (the safe version that is not beta) and the "first choice" download button is only for mp 1,7 ?
i did not know I had to go into archive to get the skin that did work on the mp download that was on the first page button.

and i dont know why mp was into my Temp folders config ??

I have been using the skin for m a n y years, and in my opinion the best (well after nova black :p ) so sorry that I only come here to write when it was all messed up ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    MP 1.7 Final was released yesterday - 10 years after the first MP version was released!
    So to celebrate this 10 years anniversary of MP together with nearly 7 years of PureVision, here´s my present for you:
    ::: PureVisionHD 1080 v. 6.7 :::
    with the amazing new theme Brave New World (coming with it´s own BasicHome Editor) and lots of enhancements ;)
    Big Thanks to all of you for your loyalty to MediaPortal and especially to PureVision ;) (y)
    Hint: Activate the setting 10 years MediaPortal fireworks - enjoy - and deactivate it when you celebrated enough :p

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please note: If you already installed PVHD 6.6 and configured your menus with the BasicHome Editor, you should save your files SkinSettings.xml and SkinSettings.xml.bak, install PVHD 6.7 and then copy the saved files back into your PVHD skin folder - this way you won´t loose your preferred settings!

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Updated skin with new theme looking good!! And finally get to try out all this recent work on my main HTPC setup not the old VM, that's nice.

Not sure if there is an issue or not without looking further into it but for me when using the default theme there is a delay of 3 to 5 seconds going between windows ie home-->tv home-->music etc. No delays for the brave new world theme.

Also a suggestion/option for brave new world: The text on the button images gets a bit lost, I can only make out the center one, perhaps an option or something to have the same underlay shadow box as the center one for the other buttons.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Catavolt, fantastic works as usually :)
    I have a small problem with Brave New World theme: i'm not able to add myVideos (standard plugin) on menu/submenu.
    No problem with Horizon theme

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, that should work without problems:

19-18-59.jpg 19-19-07.jpg 19-19-33.jpg 19-19-38.jpg

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Videos:
    i see 2 options, film and films, both with "not disponible" description at the end

Plugin:
    i retray.

Thanks

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Updated skin with new theme looking good!! And finally get to try out all this recent work on my main HTPC setup not the old VM, that's nice.

Not sure if there is an issue or not without looking further into it but for me when using the default theme there is a delay of 3 to 5 seconds going between windows ie home-->tv home-->music etc. No delays for the brave new world theme.

Pog, I too have noticed longer lag times when entering or changing sections. On a hunch, I disabled all the "eye-candy" options in Setup and menus and section changes are much faster.
    So apparently enabling all the random fanart options for video, movies, TV etc introduce a lot of lag in loading different screens.

Not sure if adjusting other settings in MP Config would help with this, perhaps our benefactor (Catavolt) will have an idea or two.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Videos:
    i see 2 options, film and films, both with "not disponible" description at the end
    MyVideos is the first entry under "Videos" in Editor - seems the translations aren´t well made in Italian ;)
    If you have it "not disponible", then please check whether it´s enabled in MP Config ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom