Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    LOL, excellent !! :D
    Since you are here, I installed games.
    I don't know how translation work in skins but, is it possible to have "Menu Jeux" instead of "Games Menu" ?
    I mean "automaticaly", without users's intervention because, it's the only menu not translated...
    And also, submenus are not enough but, it's another story... :barefoot:

zz.png

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know how translation work in skins but, is it possible to have "Menu Jeux" instead of "Games Menu" ?
    All translations are stored in language files in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language ;)
    There you´ll find the strings_fr.xml.
    If you then use the strings_en.xml to compare the french strings with the English ones, you can adapt the french strings accordingly ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello catavolt,

Are you sure ?
    Nrmally, string_fr should be "up to date" for MP 1.25 pre (if integrated in master).
    I don't find "games" both in string_en.xml and string_fr.xml embedded MP strings.

At least, MP know how to play chess ! :)
    Better than a squirrel :p

zz.png

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure ?
    Nrmally, string_fr should be "up to date" for MP 1.25 pre (if integrated in master).
    I am sure ;)
    The only actualized language file is the English one, you´ll see it when you install the upcoming 1.25 PreRelease (a lot of new words for the new EXIF data in MyPictures); I did the translation for German already, all other languages will default to English if no translation found in other language files ;)
    So if you want "Games Menu" translated, you have to add a property with respective number in English and French files, ask the devs to incorporate it in next release and you´re done ;)
    But for PVHD there is a easier way: Open BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml, search for GamesMenu and enter your preferred label:
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#GAME14.name:Games Menu</define> change to
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#GAME14.name:Menu Jeux</define>
    That´s all ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I am sure ;)
    The only actualized language file is the English one, you´ll see it when you install the upcoming 1.25 PreRelease (a lot of new words for the new EXIF data in MyPictures); I did the translation for German already, all other languages will default to English if no translation found in other language files ;)
    So if you want "Games Menu" translated, you have to add a property with respective number in English and French files, ask the devs to incorporate it in next release and you´re done ;)
    But for PVHD there is a easier way: Open BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml, search for GamesMenu and enter your preferred label:
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#GAME14.name:Games Menu</define> change to
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#GAME14.name:Menu Jeux</define>
    That´s all ;)
    Hello,
    hmm... weird :confused:
    For me, the latest en language for 1.25 pre is the one attached here (please, see strings_en.xml) where, there is no GamesMenu string...
    And, the latest strings_fr.xml is delivered here, also containing all the pictures EXif stuff, asked by @ajs.
    There were no Gamesxxx strings needed to be translated, at this time...

Attachments

• strings_en.xml
      119.4 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I know that there is new Games Menu string nowhere ;)
    Ah, OK then, maybe, could it be added ?

Therefore I gave you the hint with editor defines ;)
    Yep but, it's a workaround, that why I wrote "I mean "automaticaly", without users's intervention because, it's the only menu not translated..."

I hope you will understand all that is for improve users experience.
    For my own use, I can do all I need to fit my use. ;)
    So maybe, a possible improvment in the future ?

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hope everyone -& everyone you know- are all safe & well, in these dangerous times.
    As I live in New Zealand, & we have been on {nearly} full lockdown for 3 weeks, thought I would play around with MP: just can't help myself:whistle:
    What I would like to achieve is -using a customized variant of 'Smart One' theme- to have sub-menus on some of the homescreen tiles. EG.:
    -on 'Music Tile' -would like a sub menu -'Now Playing'- to appear, when using up navigation button. At present, the up arrow links directly to the topbar. Alternatively, have it similar to the Trakt Tile, which shows movies, etc. files, when centred, that you can up button, to access.
    There are others, but hopefully once I'm shown where to look to adjust, I can work any others out, I want to configure.
    Thanks.(y):)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I will stick with Smart One, as I really like customizable tiles (& have spent some time developing them), as opposed to plain graphics ones. I have just inserted 'Now Playing' onto the homescreen, for ease of returning to any music playing, when One Button Music kicks in my preferred playlists.
    Cheers(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom