Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I have one question, please.
    Are red and green buttons for all questions, in .xml skin or, different ?
    Even if it's good to have RED for YES when it's asked to delete records, when we have an answer to give, for example if we want to play as previous duration or restart from zero, shouldn't it RED and GREEN colors inverted ?

zz1.png

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are red and green buttons for all questions, in .xml skin or, different ?
    There´s only one XML for the yes/no dialog; and I agree with you:
    Even if it's good to have RED for YES when it's asked to delete records, when we have an answer to give, for example if we want to play as previous duration or restart from zero, shouldn't it RED and GREEN colors inverted ?
    So nothing I can do from my side (only remove the warning colors and give the buttons the same colour) ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Then, what about thinking of reverse some dialogs in the code where, YES would be always RED (or GREEN) and vice versa...
    Otherwise, a listbox could be considered :

zz1.png

But, we lose at least, one click...
    Or, it's left like this...

What do you think ?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Finally, I look deeper for this behaviour.
    It's OK for all embedded MP parts (music, pictures, videos,, TV).
    It's OK for movingpictures plugin too.
    As far as I can see, it's only for MP TVseries that, something could be eventually done...

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m perhaps the only person who is not happy with the new version 9.9.

Is there any chance that we get the good old vertical menu back (as a selectable option?) instead of the new horizontal ribbon?
    It looks like, if I go to "MediaPortal Configuration --> GUI --> PureVisionHD 1980 --> Edit Skin Settings" that "Skin Deafult" is now equal to "Horizon Up" and not any more the "old" Default skin.

When trying to revert to version 9.8 this works neither with the MediaPortal Extension Manager (9.8. is offered but when trying to download there is a note that the selected version 9.8. doesn´t match the downloaded version 9.9). Nor manually from the PureVisonHD 1980 homepage where only 9.9 is offered.

And is there a way to exchange the animation from "The Big Bang Theory" with anything else like a still photo/pic?
    (I hate TBBT)

Cheers
    Roger

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any chance that we get the good old vertical menu back (as a selectable option?) instead of the new horizontal ribbon?
    I never thought someone stll uses the very old Skin default ;) I´ll think about putting it back in 10.0 ;)
    In the meantime you may. use the attached ZIP of PVHD 9.8 ;) (pls backup your SkinSettings.xml before copying this ZIP!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom