catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    we just released MP 1.29 PreRelease with new features and corrections, so you´ll find the new release PureVisionHD 1080 v. 10.7 ::: HERE :::
    PureVisionHD 1080 version 10.7 brings further design enhancements and layout corrections as well as the obligatory bugfixes ;)

Hope you´ll like it ;)

Personal Note:
    This might be a kind of "final version" of PVHD for a longer time :cry:
    Reason: As I'm not sure all of you already know, I'm completely blind on my left eye and have only 50% on the right eye.
    I have an artificial lens in the right eye for about 10 years now.
    The surface of this lens has become roughened over the years, everything looks foggy and with little contrast - so I need a new one.
    As it is really no more fun editing XMLs with desktop lens and high contrast, I´ll have to wait until I am able to pay the operation and the also necessary new glasses with a special grid surface.

Therefore I put all my efforts into this version of PVHD to give you long time fun using MP and PVHD ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm using PVHD since long time.
    The most important is your health.
    Take Care of you.
    I use your skin all days then, I'm thinking on you each days.
    THX for all of your work in MP. :cool:
    Hope you will find a solution about your problem. :)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello @catavolt,

I plan to change the mini TV OSD (red rectangle) in green rectangle :

zz1.png

Even if there is no overlap in home screen, if city name is longer then, I suppose overlap.
    This to avoid overlaps in other screens.
    For example, in movpics :

zz2.png

Or, in TVS :

zz3.pngzz4.png

What do you think ?
    So, is there a specific .xml file for this ? (If yes, can you tell me the file name, please ?)
    Faster than search by myself. ;)

Or, is it mandatory to change each .xml skin files ?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I plan to change the mini TV OSD (red rectangle) in green rectangle :
    This is no "mini TV OSD" - it´s an overlay shown when TV or movie or video is played.
    To change the frame colour means you have to change the used graphic.
    The xml is videoOverlay.xml ;)

BTW: You can deactivate any overlay in any screen by setting the property <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay> to <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay> in any header of any xml ;)

Last edited:

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    I will still post the below anyway but I have just read about Catavolt's health issues (sorry to read such news) so this may be a moot question.

I'm starting to use speech to control MP via Alexa and a Broadlink IR transmitter. I believe that if we could have numbers associated with items in a list or menu I could tell "Alexa" to send the ir number code that corresponds with the item I want to select. I already do this with the TV guide to select a channel.

i.e. If the menu that has the Recorded Tv option in it had numbers I could just send a number code and it would then show all the recorded programs. Then if all the Recorded programs had numbers I could then send a number code to select the program I want to watch

Is this doable?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom