PVR Scheduler 1.1.9 for MP 0.1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
STSC
Are you working on a new release of this plugin? It still doesn't keep synchronisation with MP. I have several reoccurring recordings setup in MP, but they don't show in your program/plugin.

I never really understood what the SyncEPG button was meant to do. Anyway since I now download my EPG over the DVB-T signal (and not into the XMLTV folder) is this function of any use ?

Allen

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
Error in log

I just had a look in my logfile and found this:

24/03/2005 23:58:55
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\WINNT\TEMP\n1iibosu.dll".
File name: "C:\WINNT\TEMP\n1iibosu.dll"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromSource(CompilerParameters options, String source)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String source)
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.GetRecordings()
at PVRScheduler.SchedulerData.clsMediaPortal.GetRecordings()

Do you have any idea what this message means and what I need to do to fix it ?

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Hi,

this is the latest one:

http://www.diskozone.de/PVRScheduler1.1.0.rar

There were already a couple more versions and a lot of bugs have been fixed yet.
I hope that we get it stable within the next couple weeks.
But there are still a couple issues regarding MediaPortal because it seems that it deosn't like it very much when the computer resumes from standby.

You right the naming of the button "SyncEPG" is kind of bad, because it doesn't sync the EPG, it syncs with MediaProtal, myHTPC and tvinfo.de.

Don't worry about this error code, it only means that the connection to MP broke down or you are using another version of the ExtControl Plugin. I really have to talk to Sam because he added a couple things.

If you have any issues let me know!

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Actually it's supposed to work.
When you schedule a recording in MP then you also should see it in the PVR Scheduler GUI, don't you?
(But you won't see the recorded ones!)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
STSC said:
Actually it's supposed to work.
When you schedule a recording in MP then you also should see it in the PVR Scheduler GUI, don't you?
(But you won't see the recorded ones!)
I recently uninstalled version 1.0.4 and updated to 1.1.0. None of the recordings appeared. I have several weekly recordings set-up in MP and they are not there either when looking in the standalone app, or the MP plugin window.

BTW, what is the 'Update' button in the MP plugin for ? I tried clicking it hoping it would refresh the scheduled list, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
OK, I also took a look at it today, there are a couple issues regarding weekly, daily recordings... and there are still a couple bugs in the MP GUI, what I will fix until next version.
Anyway if you have a recording which is scheduled only once it should appear if you installed the PVR Scheduler with full MP support.
You can also take a look into pvrscheduler.log - this is the error log

The Update Button is only important if you want to use tvinfo.de/myHTPC...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi STSC,

I have just started to use PVRScheduler (with MediaPortal) and it looks great!

I just tried to add a new event in the PVRScheduler GUI app (by selecting "New") and got an "Unhandled exception error....". :( You may already know about this error?

The summary information is:-

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "3/04/2005 -11:04:00" to type 'Date' is not valid.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DateType.FromString(String Value, CultureInfo culture)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DateType.FromString(String Value)
    at Scheduler.frmScheduleCreator.SetDuration()
    at Scheduler.frmScheduleCreator.StartTime_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker.OnValueChanged(EventArgs eventargs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker.set_Value(DateTime value)
    at Scheduler.frmScheduleCreator.InitializeComponent()
    at Scheduler.frmScheduleCreator..ctor()
    at Scheduler.frmScheduler.cmdNew_ClickButton(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at XPStyle.UFlatButton.UFlatButton_ClickRelease(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at XPStyle.UBase.tmrClick_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

I can send you all the details if that will help?

Cheers,

Taipan

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi STSC,

I have been playing around with PVR Scheduler over the past couple of days and some of the settings parameters have me a bit puzzled.

Ideally, this is what I want to be able to do:-

....Select TV programs in MediaPortal/My TV/TV Guide, to be recorded.

....Then, either by using my Microsoft MCE2005 Remote, or through PVR Scheduler, put the PC to Standby mode.

....Then have PVR Scheduler "wake-up" the PC, do the recording and then go back to Standby mode.

So, the questions I have are:-

1. What is the interaction between the TV Recording Settings in MediaPortal Configuration (Start Recording & Stop Recording) and the Task Offset Time in PVR Scheduler/Settings? Which settings take precedence? Or have I misunderstood the meaning of "Task Offset Time"?

2. If I set a recording to commence at 09:30, what determines how far ahead of 09:30 the PC will wake-up? What allowance is made for the time it takes the PC to wakeup and be ready to commence recording?

3. The "User Inactivity Automatic" parameter seems to monitor only keyboard and mouse activity? I had this set, and while I was watching TV, PVR Scheduler put my PC to Standby. :(

4. How do I set PVR Scheduler to put my PC back to Standby mode, once the recording is finished?

5. What is the meaning of the "Automatic" button in the PVR Scheduler GUI? It seems to have 3 values - IAM (red), OFF (black) and ON (green) - what do each of those do?

6. In the Scheduler Settings pane, there is a checkbox "Autostart" - what does that mean or do?

7. In the EPG Settings window, there is a pane labelled "MediaPortal". The check boxes in this pane seem to be general MediaPortal settings and not specific to the EPG function? For example, how does the setting "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" interact with the "User Inactivity Automatic" setting in the Settings window?

I apologise for all the questions, but this looks like a great plugin to use with MediaPortal and I would really like to be able to use it to its fullest capability..... :D

Cheers,

Taipan

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Taipan said:
    ....Select TV programs in MediaPortal/My TV/TV Guide, to be recorded.

Can you give me a link for myTV and TV Guide. Maybe I can integrate this in the PVR Scheduler.

Taipan said:
    1. What is the interaction between the TV Recording Settings in MediaPortal Configuration (Start Recording & Stop Recording) and the Task Offset Time in PVR Scheduler/Settings? Which settings take precedence? Or have I misunderstood the meaning of "Task Offset Time"?

In the latest version I renamed it to "Recording Offset Time". This is supposed to be the same what you configured in the MP Configuration

Taipan said:
    2. If I set a recording to commence at 09:30, what determines how far ahead of 09:30 the PC will wake-up? What allowance is made for the time it takes the PC to wakeup and be ready to commence recording?

When you schedule a recording at 9:30 and you set the Recording Offset Time to 00:01 then it supposed to be 9:29, but MP gets one extra minute, so you computer will wake up at 9:28. (For all other recording programs 9:29)

Taipan said:
    3. The "User Inactivity Automatic" parameter seems to monitor only keyboard and mouse activity? I had this set, and while I was watching TV, PVR Scheduler put my PC to Standby. :(
    Actually that shouldn't happen, I will take a look at it.

Taipan said:
    4. How do I set PVR Scheduler to put my PC back to Standby mode, once the recording is finished?
    There are three different automatic modes (ON, OFF, IAM). I think that I will write a small FAQ this week, where I will explain it. But you can set the Automatic to On.

Taipan said:
    5. What is the meaning of the "Automatic" button in the PVR Scheduler GUI? It seems to have 3 values - IAM (red), OFF (black) and ON (green) - what do each of those do?
    If you set it to off, nothing will happen after recording, ON means that the pvr scheduler will put your pc into standby mode after every recording, IAM is a special automtic mode that will put your computer only into standby mode when the computer was started for this recording.

Taipan said:
    6. In the Scheduler Settings pane, there is a checkbox "Autostart" - what does that mean or do?
    Doesn't work. It'S supposed to start the PVR Scheduler GUI at windows startup, but this isn't necessary any more, because it's already running as windows service.

Taipan said:
    7. In the EPG Settings window, there is a pane labelled "MediaPortal". The check boxes in this pane seem to be general MediaPortal settings and not specific to the EPG function? For example, how does the setting "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" interact with the "User Inactivity Automatic" setting in the Settings window?
    If you activate "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" the computer will only enter standby mode by itself when MP is in the home window. This will work together with Inactivity Automatic, but it won't work when you put your computer manually into standby mode.

Taipan said:
    I apologise for all the questions, but this looks like a great plugin to use with MediaPortal and I would really like to be able to use it to its fullest capability..... :D

Don't hesitate to ask further questions!

BTW this is the latest one:
    http://www.diskozone.de/PVRScheduler1.1.2.msi

But it seems that it doesn't like the US date format. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom