PVR Scheduler 1.1.9 for MP 0.1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi STSC,

Thanks for the answers and the latest release - I am about to try it right now....

I may have confused you with my comment "....Select TV programs in MediaPortal/My TV/TV Guide, to be recorded." I can actually do that in MP, and PVR Scheduler will wake up my PC and do the recording.

However, I have not been able to get PVR Scheduler to put my PC to Standby (after a pre-defined delay) automatically after I set the recording schedule and return to the MP Home Screen, nor have I been able to get PVR Scheduler to put the PC to Standby mode when the recording has finished. Hence my questions...... :?

To get PVR Scheduler to put my PC into Standby mode, I just need to set the "idle time" to a suitable value and have both the "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" and the "User Inactivity Automatic" tick-boxes selected? Is this correct?

To get PVR Scheduler to put my PC into Standby mode after the recording has finished, I just need to select "Automatic" = ON. Is that correct? How soon after the recording completes will PVR Scheduler put the PC to Standby?

Cheers,

Taipan

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    STSC
    Can you write a page to put on wiki. I did this for my plugin and have found it a very useful place to keep documentation, and very easy to update. You can also have a link to the latest version of the application.

What is new/fixed in the lastest version ?

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Taipan

You just need to select "Automatic" = ON. But it might be possible that the PVR Scheduler doesn't work with the US date formant and this also might be the issue why your computer doesn't enters standby mode.

Can you please post your pvrscheduler.log.

AllenConquest

I will write a FAQ or something for the wiki. Right now the PVR Scheduler gets still developed on the german htpc-forum.de and I fix almost every day a couple bugs. To be honest I don't know everything what I fixed but there were fixes like in the MP GUI, the User Inactivity Automatic or the Sync method.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    STSC said:
    Right now the PVR Scheduler gets still developed on the german htpc-forum.de and I fix almost every day a couple bugs.
    This si the problem. I don't read the German forum, so I never know about updates. I'm on 1.1.0, and didn't know about the new release. Alternatively could you please update this thread when a new release is available.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    STSC said:
    @Taipan

You just need to select "Automatic" = ON. But it might be possible that the PVR Scheduler doesn't work with the US date formant and this also might be the issue why your computer doesn't enters standby mode.

Can you please post your pvrscheduler.log.

Hi STSC,

I am in Australia, and we use the normal date format of day/month/year - not the month/day/year format that the Americans use - so I don't think that is preventing my PC from going to Standby.

I will do some more testing with your latest release, and then post the pvrscheduler.log if I am still having problems.

Thanks for your help.... :)

Cheers,

Taipan

mfo

Portal Member
    February 24, 2005
    FRANCE
    Hi,

Just installed PVR Scheduler 1.1.2 with MP 0.1.1.1 it's looking nice until now.
    I just noticed though that when I initiate a standby or hibernation from within MP, the countown screen pushes my HTPC to 100% CPU until the actual standby/hibernation.
    Anyone else noticed this ?

Marc

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have done a few tests with the latest release of PVR Scheduler and MediaPortal, and the only bit that I still cannot get to work, is the initial standby.

I have Automatic ON, Startoffset and Endoffset = 1 min, User Inactivity Automatic set to Active, Idle Time = 5 min, and under EPG the "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" selected.

But when I schedule a program to be recorded in MediaPort and then return to the MP Home Screen, the PC will stay alive until the scheduled time, record the program, and then go to Standby. Here is the PVRScheduler.log contents from the 2 tests that I did:-

4/04/2005 9:26:22 PM
    Delete Rec:4/04/2005 9:25:00 PM
    5/04/2005 9:21:24 AM
    Delete Rec:5/04/2005 9:20:00 AM
    5/04/2005 9:38:11 AM
    Computer resumed. WindowsStart: 5/04/2005 8:44:16 AM

What else do I need to set or do, to have the PC automatically go to Standby before the scheduled recording time?

I can manually put the PC to Standby (using the keyboard or the remote) and it all works fine, but I thought that PVR Scheduler would automatically do that for me after a set "idle period"?

Cheers,

Taipan

A

Anonymous

its a cool app and plugin but
    is there any way to stop it put the system into standby - i have other stuff running and it created havoc on my machine with encodes and data transferrs failing
    can u have it so that it just starts and stops the recording app

also have u though about having an epg in the standalone gui when u import the settings either from media portal or from xmltv

this would be a great feature for me at least and im sure others would find it usefull

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Interaction between MP recording settings and PVRS....

Taipan said:
    Hi STSC,

What is the interaction between the TV Recording Settings in MediaPortal Configuration (Start Recording & Stop Recording) and the Task Offset Time in PVR Scheduler/Settings? Which settings take precedence? Or have I misunderstood the meaning of "Task Offset Time"?

Hi STSC,

I think I have finally figured out how the recording settings in MP and PVR Scheduler interact.... :D

1. The PVRS "Startoffset" setting must be at least 1 min longer than the MP "Start recording" setting, to enable time for the PC to wakeup and be ready to record. Otherwise, the start time of the scheduled recording will be missed and nothing will get recorded!

2. The PVRS "Endoffset" setting must be at least 1 min longer than the MP "Stop recording" setting, to allow MP to complete the recording and for PVRS to gracefully put the PC back to sleep.

This is probably obvious to everyone else, but it took me a while to figure it out :?

Cheers,

Taipan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom