PVR Scheduler 1.1.9 for MP 0.1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Interaction between MP recording settings and PVRS....

Taipan said:
1. The PVRS "Startoffset" setting must be at least 1 min longer than the MP "Start recording" setting, to enable time for the PC to wakeup and be ready to record. Otherwise, the start time of the scheduled recording will be missed and nothing will get recorded!

2. The PVRS "Endoffset" setting must be at least 1 min longer than the MP "Stop recording" setting, to allow MP to complete the recording and for PVRS to gracefully put the PC back to sleep.

Hello Taipan,

it works fine for me with identical offset-settings in MP and PVRS. Does these settings solve your problems with inital standby?

Did you have a look at the time between inital standby and starttime of recording? There is a setting called "time between two events". Maybe the gap was too small to go into standby.

eagle

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Taipan

1. I guess you use the Hibernate Mode, don't you. So it seems that 1 minute to start up is too less?

2. You also need one more minute after the recording, so that the computer enters standby mode?

3. I'm not sure but is it also right, that the PVRS doesn't pay attention to the MP home screen before it enters standby mode??

@Guest

The PVRS is running as service, so the GUI needn't run and there is also an EPG in the PVR Scheduler GUI.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    STSC

I am using exclusively Standby mode, but each time the PC wakes from Standby I have a script run that kills MP, restarts the DVB-T card's BDA drivers and then restarts MP in order to have anything recorded.

I specified one minute as the startup and shutdown gap as this is the minimum that can be set in either MP or PVRS.

However, I am still unable to get PVRS to put my PC into Standby when I have setup the recording schedule in MP and MP is at the Home Screen. Can you offer me any advice on this issue? :?

eagle

I assumed that the "Auto Standby" setting only referred to the situation where there are 2 or more scheduled recordings, and this was to avoid the PC being set to Standby, only to be woken again in a few minutes for the next recording?

Does it also apply if there is just 1 scheduled recording?

I have this parameter set to the default 20 minutes, so it could explain why my PC would not put itself to Standby, as all the tests I did were within 20 minutes of creating the schedule.

Taipan

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Taipan said:
    I am using exclusively Standby mode, but each time the PC wakes from Standby I have a script run that kills MP, restarts the DVB-T card's BDA drivers and then restarts MP in order to have anything recorded.

How do you call this script after each standby?

Taipan said:
    However, I am still unable to get PVRS to put my PC into Standby when I have setup the recording schedule in MP and MP is at the Home Screen. Can you offer me any advice on this issue? :?

Maybe you checked don't put PC into standby mode when in Home Screen??

Taipan said:
    eagle

I assumed that the "Auto Standby" setting only referred to the situation where there are 2 or more scheduled recordings, and this was to avoid the PC being set to Standby, only to be woken again in a few minutes for the next recording?

Does it also apply if there is just 1 scheduled recording?

No, it only applies for 2 or more recordings and this is also the reasen why your pc didn't wake up.
    Also the Scheduler Inactivity Automatic takes a look at it so that the PC won't enter standby mode like 5 minutes before the next recording.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    STSC said:
    How do you call this script after each standby?

I use a program called "StartOnWake" available from:- http://www.startonwake.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/StartOnWake.exe

STSC said:
    Maybe you checked don't put PC into standby mode when in Home Screen??

I have checked the box in EPG Settings that says "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" and I have the "Idle Time" set to 5 mins. So PVRS should put my PC to Standby 5 minutes after I have had MP sitting in the Home screen? Is that correct?

STSC said:
    Also the Scheduler Inactivity Automatic takes a look at it so that the PC won't enter standby mode like 5 minutes before the next recording.

I am not sure I understand this bit - what do you mean by "the Scheduler Inactivity Automatic"? I have "Automatic" set to ON - it is not set to IAM - is that what you are referring to?

Cheers,

Taipan

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Please uncheck "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" . I think that the naming is wrong it's supposed to be "No Shutdown/Standby when in Home Screen".

The Scheduler Inactivity Automatic is an extra feature that has nothing to do with the Automatic Modes. It can be combined with Automatic ON, OFF and IAM.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    STSC said:
    Please uncheck "Shutdown/Standby only when in Home Screen" . I think that the naming is wrong it's supposed to be "No Shutdown/Standby when in Home Screen". .

Ahh - now that explains why PVRS would not Standby my PC.... :)

STSC said:
    The Scheduler Inactivity Automatic is an extra feature that has nothing to do with the Automatic Modes. It can be combined with Automatic ON, OFF and IAM.

OK, so what is "Scheduler Inactivity Automatic" - I can't see it listed anywhere on the Settings screens?... :?

Do you mean "User Inactivity Automatic" - because I have that checked (Active) and set to 5 mins.

Thanks for all your help...

Taipan

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Of course, I mean "User Inactivity Automatic". Sorry I haven't looked up the exact naming.

BTW: How do you restart the DVB-T card's BDA drivers ?

mfo

Portal Member
    February 24, 2005
    FRANCE
    Hi,

Should I blame "User Inactivity Automatic" for shuting down my HTPC while I'm playing a film in My Videos ?
    How should I configure your plugin to avoid such inconveniences ?

Thanks,

Marc

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    STSC said:
    BTW: How do you restart the DVB-T card's BDA drivers ?

I use StartOnWake.exe to execute the commands in the StartOnWake.txt file each time the PC wakes up.

The "StartOnWake.txt" file contains the line:-

cscript //b //nologo startonwake.vbs

And the "StartOnWake.vbs" file contains the following VBScript

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("taskkill /im mediaportal.exe", 1, TRUE)
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("c:\progra~1\startonwake\devcon.exe restart *zl88*", 1, TRUE)
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("c:\progra~1\mediaportal\mediaportal.exe", 1, FALSE)

You can see that I kill MediaPortal, restart the DVICO BDA drivers (*zl88*) and then start MediaPortal again. This overcomes the problem of both MediaPortal and the BDA drivers not behaving correctly after a wakeup from Standby.

Maybe you could integrate something like this into PVR Scheduler :?

Taipan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom